What shocks will fit my Blaster?

atvrider13

Aug 28, 2011
Alaska,WI
Ok i did a lil reading and alot of people on here are swaping in other makes shocks in their Blasters. My question is what would be best for the front : I have some stock 86 trx250r shocks and some stock 400ex shocks( are they too long??) If they are too long what other cheap oem shocks fit that dont make it sit stupid high? For the rear i have a stock 86 trx250r rear shock , 400ex shock and a 05 450r shock. 450r is the shortest, 250r the longest and the 400ex in the middle. Which one would be best? I heard on here that the 250r shock works good but sits high? Im 170lbs. Would a shorter one work better?

Last edited:
Reactions: kodiakaaron
havent tested a 250r shock but have tested a z400 shock off a suzuki z400 in the back. very nice shock. thts what i would recconmend. and for the fornt i would go with banshee front shocks 450r shocks peps worcs elkas or other brand of shocks. but i rode a z400 with the sotck rear shock,. not with the rear shock on a blaster btw

banshees shocks are the only ones that will bolt up with out mods to the front. On the back, Either the 250r shock or the 400ex shocks will work. the 400ex shock will need some sort of bushing to make it fit tight and right. Ken Oconnor racing makes bushing for this. By the way 400ex shock is same as z400 shock i beleive. YFZ or trx450 shocks can work on the front but require +3+1 a-arms be installed. Great mod in my opinion and since you already have shocks to fit the front if you went extended a-arms, I would look into some +3+1 a-arms.

Reactions: Gmon
I found some 300ex works shocks that bolted up really nice. Just had to put spacers in the upper mounts cuz the 300ex is narrower than the blaster. Tomorow im gonna rip off the stock rear shock and bolt up each shock (250r ,400ex,450r) on and see what i like the best

Update : the shocks wernt from a 300ex. IDK what they were from but they measured just over 15 inches and seem to work really good. I was just searching some stuf and i found that the stock 300ex shocks were like 12 or 13 inches. Just didnt want to steer someone in the wrong direction

im not sure the 300ex shocks are much of an upgrade, but yiu not sure, post some pics, lets check it out. i put a set of Works banshee shocks on my cousins blaster, really really good.

im not sure the 300ex shocks are much of an upgrade, but yiu not sure, post some pics, lets check it out. i put a set of Works banshee shocks on my cousins blaster, really really good.

You put Works banshee shocks on the front? What about the back? 400ex?

I ended up putting the trx450r rear shock but it seemed too short and sat lower than stock. Next i put on the 400ex shock and it sits very nice and seems to be working very well. I think when i extend the swingarm i will try the trx250r rear shock because it is alot longer .

The 400Ex is a good choice in the back..
Back to the question of TRX250R Front shocks.... they're 15-1/2 eye-eye.... How about the bushing for fitments???? Any info would be appreciated