what kind of sparkplug

jose sanchez

Apr 25, 2015
I have a 2002 Yamaha blaster and I want to know what kind of spark plug it uses.

The blaster dosent turn on the previous owner said he left it running outside for little to go get something and when he came back he tried to turn it on it wouldnt turn I changed the cdi I just ordered a ignition coil what else can it be

Leaving it idling for a long period without purging the oil from the crankcase by blipping the throttle could have fouled the plug.

There may be a gut full of oil and fuel build up in the crankcase.

Leaving it idling for a long period without purging the oil from the crankcase by blipping the throttle could have fouled the plug.

There may be a gut full of oil and fuel build up in the crankcase.
So I have to take the motor out and clean it

you can check for spark by grounding plug to side of cylinder and kickin it over.
the stator's go bad alot/or weak connection's bad grounds ect.
timing is off clogged carb ect.
so check spark/spark at the right time/free flowing gas/compression ect.
you can actually disconnect kill and key switch to see if it help/if that is the situation lol:)

Definitely check spark and see if fuel flows freely. Unless you trust the previous owner ive always found it better to troubleshoot problems no matter what the seller says because sometimes it can save you a lot of money. Im new to blasters and common problems arent something I know quite yet but the reasons my blaster had no spark was the pickup coil on the stator/bad grounds/tors wires. Seems like woodruff keys shearing and stator relating issues are common.

Definitely check spark and see if fuel flows freely. Unless you trust the previous owner ive always found it better to troubleshoot problems no matter what the seller says because sometimes it can save you a lot of money. Im new to blasters and common problems arent something I know quite yet but the reasons my blaster had no spark was the pickup coil on the stator/bad grounds/tors wires. Seems like woodruff keys shearing and stator relating issues are common.
Ok I'll check that asap