What jets should I be using

Xcakez

Apr 20, 2016
Just bought a blaster it's a 01 it has pro circuit fatty with fmf powercore 2 silencer with open airbox and a uni filter I'm also going to be putting a wiesco piston in it as it already has the wiesco crank what jets should I start at I don't know much about carbs

You will want to perform a leak-down test to make sure you have NO leaks of any kind.
That way you have piece of mind.

Why are you putting another piston in it? Is there something wrong with the blaster right now?

Nah nothing wrong with it just wanted to put in a better piston and rebuild the top end I drove it for about 7 hours last weekend and it was great it just loses power at the top end becomes boggy a bit took spark plug out and it was a light grey ish white which leads me to believe it's running a bit lean probably why it bogs at top end and I did a leak down test everything looked ok only leak I had was at the intake tube connection I already replaced the airbox

Last edited:
How much pressure did you do the leak down test at and for how long did it hold the pressure?
Yeah... they always seem to leak at the reeds.
When you rebuild the top end, be sure to measure the bore for taper, out of round, and wear limits before ordering your piston (If your doing it yourself). Not try to sound redundant.
If you decide to put a forged piston in it, be sure to give that engine ample warm up time when you go ride.

6-6.5 psi for about 5 mins how ever long it took me to smoke a cigarette lol it held it pretty good it didn't even move and of course I will always let it warm up before I ride it yea my friend already has my top end apart that's how he saw the wiesco crank it is all stock size still

I ride anywhere mostly 2000ft at the upstate but I sometimes ride at sea-level by my house and I don't know what main jet is on it now

I bought br8es spark plugs that's what was in it so I just bought a bunch of those

280-290 will be a good place to start . Are you pre-mixing or still oil injected ? Needle on the middle clip and start with the air screw at 1.5 turns out . Make sure the brass washer is under the main jet when you change it . Clean the carb and set the float while you're in the carb.

Reactions: Awk08