What is this head?

YamaZuki

Jul 26, 2012
Upstate NY
Tore her down to do seals and high comp head gasket base gasket,
Bought a jug n head on Fleabay awhile back. Worked the jug but waiting on cash for a bore n piston.
Looking at these heads the one from ebay looks cut, deffinately was cut for higher compression but I has a different shape to it. Anyone have any ideas what it may be? what kind of re-cut?
heres the pics
Ebay head on the left, my original HEAD ON THE RIGHT, pics are huge lol. anyway is it a good design that was cut?

made me wonder, still lathe marks and no polishing. well I polished it up n it's on for now. run it while I get my other jug bored and new piston. have access to a lathe now so I will just cut the one that came off. it did clean up nice n shiny tho. after an hour or so lol

Looks like someone just wanted to make it look like it was a rechambered head, not sure though, I dont think it would help with anything but I could be wrong. Send it out to get a hemi cut into it

this head deffinately has meat taken off from it compared to the head I was running. and the shape of the dome is different.
Anyway ,when I put this FMF on I gained mid/top and lost bottom. And developed a leak in the stator side crank seal.
As it sits now I did ALL the seals today, cleaned up the eaten clutch basket, port n polished exhaust, transfer ports are knife edged now,and opened up the intake ports some then sand blasted them.oh yah, high comp top end gaskets from vito's also.
I have a 300 jet in the stock carb and a 1-1/2 x 4 " hole in the lid running a tad rich and advanced the timing 3.5 degrees. I need to bore next size and re-ring,it's safe for a few weeks.And the crank is fine. Going up to a 310 or 320 before I ride it anymore.
NOW, holy shiat, the low end is back and top end is right there and I am looking for 7th gear, wheelies in six with mudlite sp's 22"x9".Seems like I hit the throttle the pipe comes on and I am slamming for the next gear almost immediately.
Packed the exhaust more and this thing still makes your ears ring, but omg is it nasty.
Fell in love all over again for sure.
Have yet to test compression. Came home with snot on my face , eyes watering and a HUGE smile hehe. Not going to bother recutting hemi, this is enough for me I think. I crash enough as it is not even being on it ,that's another story tho.

Looks like someone just wanted to make it look like it was a rechambered head, not sure though, I dont think it would help with anything but I could be wrong. Send it out to get a hemi cut into it

Definitely has a different shape than the stock one I have, and cut closer to the bottom fin for higher compression, I should have taken a image from an angle huh.Oh well it's on now and running crazy with the mods done today.I:I

if it were me id run that head just to see if there would be any diffrence

hard to tell, I did so much to it today.
I didn't do just one thing at a time,I did a bunch of work to it today,port n polish,high comp gaskets all new seals.Timing mod.
Leakdown test failed,it hold steady now./ all I know is I hit the throttle ,power band hits, I shift, next thing I know I am looking for 7th gear.In a very short distance too.all with the front end in the air without trying. And these mudlites do not spin much,they grab n go.
I am very happy and these 450's are gonna be crying.I:I
And I owe it all to this killer forum with all the info here I have studied for months now,finaly put it all to use.ya'll are awesome here!!!

oops I forgot to take pic's, wanted so bad to ride and test, I will take pics n post when I do my rebore, next 2-3 weeks, promise.
It wasn't radical, cleaned up the casting, opened up the exhaust to the size of the gasket, sanded it to a mirror finish, a little on the intake side and the transfers knife sharp.
Pretty much per KOR vid's.

thats what i figured thats what I did to my other blaster before I sold it for parts is it nice? would you recomend doing the vid porting while i do a re-ring in a few months?

1,536 posts, and you race, your pulling my leg right?lol
It's too nice, I love it, nothing like a 2 stroke that hits hard nd long and finaly doing everything I learned here, wish I had done it sooner.

1,536 posts, and you race, your pulling my leg right?lol
It's too nice, I love it, nothing like a 2 stroke that hits hard nd long and finaly doing everything I learned here, wish I had done it sooner.

lol thats funny how I can still make ppl think ha3 yea everybody does things differently. Here's an anology. If you asked a girl how she applys make up then askd another gurl how she does it it simply wouldent be the same way but yet be silmilar. Point is applying make up/porting is very influential like showing your self off to the world. all hotties are nice but everyone has a favorite they like to oogle ;):D did this make any sence at all cause it barely did for me:D:-/:DI:I

Not trying to burst your bubble,but there is NOTHING high compression,or high performance about that head to the left in the picture. If it has had material removed from the sealing surface,the design and shape will most likely promote detonation. Be on the look out for it if you take a shot at trying it.
Here is what a high compression "Hemi" cut head looks like...

Last edited:
Not trying to burst your bubble,but there is NOTHING high compression,or high performance about that head to the left in the picture. If it has had material removed from the sealing surface,the design and shape will most likely promote detonation. Be on the look out for it if you take a shot at trying it.
Here is what a high compression "Hemi" cut head looks like...

Oooooo pretty, another pic of the head that u cut for me!!!! I still can't wait to try it out

I agree that is high compression, I am liking the toroidal design more from hat I have read tho, But you take metal off and then the head is rechambered like mine on the left,squish and cc'n being a factor, which I did not check, who's to say? when I get it apart for a true topend rebuild I will cc and check the squish as I get the stock head cut torriodal and then run em each one after the other and let the ass be the dyno ya know?
I mean it has deffinately been cut down, and rechambered, and now it's nice and shiny after 1-2 hrs sanding.

tomarow I will do a comp test, before doing this I had 120 lbs. mind you my piston is sloppy in there and the rings are worn.need a bor and rings. I have another jug I did a more radical port on, not sure I want it tho.If I am already looking for a 7th gear why go further? could be fun to