what is the best pipe for me?

jmerriman17

Sep 24, 2014
I just got a blaster and I'm looking into a new pipe... it is almost completely stock except for a UNI filter and I removed the airbox lid and I don't plan on many modifications in the near future. My buddy suggested I get a right bend but from what I've read to get the full benefits of a right bend you need to have a decent amount of modifications. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Depends on riding style and where in the rpm range you want the power.

I run a trinity right bend with aggressive porting and a larger carb.

A stock motor would run well with a right bend but porting and high compression would be a great idea but are not needed to run one.

They sound great and pull forever!!!
IMO they are the best pipe you can get

DG sucks
FMF is your most basic mid power pipe. good for whatever
DMC is for a lot of low end, good for tight trails IMO
LRD (right bends) more for heavy porting and top end pipe.

I would say hit up DMC. you wont be disappointed by the power. just remember to re-jet for any air flow mods you do

No personal experience

DMC had a sale last year around x-mas time on their pipe, $50 off or something. just something to keep in mind

If you are looking for great low down grunt, good quality, leak free fit up and in my opinion the best sounding system there is, the DMC Alien is the one to get!

I Just put a right bend on my stock motor and i love it, a right bend wont disappoint you.
I also had a toomey pipe and silencer on an 03 blaster stock motor a few years ago that i was also very happy with, the toomey seemed to me like it had more mid range than my right bend but the right bend has a better top end and just keeps pulling.

I Just put a right bend on my stock motor and i love it, a right bend wont disappoint you.
I also had a toomey pipe and silencer on an 03 blaster stock motor a few years ago that i was also very happy with, the toomey seemed to me like it had more mid range than my right bend but the right bend has a better top end and just keeps pulling.
What are you talking about when you say right bend

The expansion chamber is on the right side unlike the stock or some aftermarket pipes that start on the left side and come over the top of the motor so to say and back to the right. a right bend expansion chamber is all on the right side. Right bend pipes seem to favor the upper rpm range.