What is the Best Intake Setup For Blaster

garyp53161

May 18, 2008
New Tampa Florida
I bought a used 2006 blaster, which is jetted, has carb spacers and fms exhaust

it ran perfect at first but then started bogging in high rpm..?

Drained the gas, added filter, checked air/fuel, cleaned carb , added new spark plug, but still boggs../.

I checked the intake hose and due ot the spacers was pushing the intake hose back and it is compressed and cracked.tried to fix but made it worse.

I also tried to added all sorts of combo hoses and K&n filters to No Avail=BAD

If i run the blaster with NO intake hose or filter it runs fast as heck but even if a 2" pipe is added it boggs...?

ANY IDEAS OR FIXES...??

THANKS
GP

Hmm

Hmm no other replys I guess we will try jetting it a little fatter.
I'm thinking maybe we need to move the needle position so it get a faster fatter hit plus maybe the main jet needs to go up.
Yo don't forget to get some bigger jet's.
Any other help or suggetions would be great.

I run a K&N clamp on filter I got from a parts store but make sure you don't get the stock one its not clamp on. I had the same problem when I installed my reed spacer It bent the intake so not much air could get by. I have the K&N part number if you want it. let me know

Yo

Well it's all fixed we made a badass intake setup for the blaster and we figured out the jetting. The thing runs like a raped ape in a forest fireand it idle's perfect to. Carb is tuned in so perfect that it even starts up on the first kick. He's he real happy