What gaskets are the best

bicpickle

Apr 19, 2012
Nova Scotia,Canada
What gaskets are the best? is every gasket you need included in a complete gasket kit as i have seen pics that seem to be missing some gaskets. thanks for your help.

pass on the kits with the green paper base gaskets, they are prone to leak = fried

use OEM yamaha or cometic base gaskets only, and every
"complete kit" i have bought have come with everything needed, even one for the stock pipe end cap
most of those pics you see are a general pic, everything needed will be included

Are you doing the entire top end,or just the top end?

If your doing the top end... The best gaskets are the ones I make myself.
You can aneal the copper head gasket and reuse it like 4 maybe 5,000 times.
The exhaust gasket is re-usable if not crushed,and the reed and base gaskets can be made yourself also. Hmmmm? Maybe its time for another "do it yourself" thread?

Cometic gasket sets are nice...just as good as oem,(but over rated because of the name).
oem yamaha is nice!
If you want to buy a top end kit, the Namura kits are nice too!

I've used them all with no issues.

lol ok just the reason i ask is when looking at the picture for the complete kit some of the gaskets aren't in the picture lol

look at the same seller, bet they use the same pic for a banshee, cr125, and 200x
it's just a stock photo, the gaskets you need will be included for whatever bike you order them for

Last edited by a moderator:
Careful..... that cometic top end kit is for a BBK.

good catch, i was mainly looking at the pics to show the difference between the metal covered black base gaskets and the green kindergarden paper ones !

let me change that for future referencers