what carb should i run??

Chevyssimpala

May 1, 2009
hi guys my blaster has the toomey b1 exhaust with vitos reeds, unifilter (no lid) and a .60 over wiseco piston also has a trail port on it and the cyclinder has been decked...... My question is if i were to toss the stock carb and get a aftermarket (bigger bore) would i notice a big difference can anyone tell me how much of a difference they noticed when switching from the stock carb to something bigger and also what carb should i run with my mods?
like always thank you I:I

you would notice that it might have alittle better throttle response and that it runs better and has more power. The main things a aftermarket carb does is let more air in, if you get one with a flat style slide that means the carb can be shorter so the air doesnt have to travel as far to get to the engine. for your setup a 28mm or 30mm OKO would work great anything bigger then that and you wont really be gaining anything.

a 28 or 30 would be best. you dont wanna go too big. i have 2 34mm flat slides im trying to get rid of....im lookin for a set of 28mm or 30mm myself...but yeah 28 or 30 would be best....

if you had say a stroker and a ported BB you could probly run a 34mm.