What Carb is this???

BlasterPat

Jan 8, 2016
New Jersey
Just would like to know what carb I am running.

Attachments

• 20160111_152305.jpg
    20160111_152305.jpg
    735.4 KB · Views: 165
Thx I'll take some better pics of the engine and mods also how do I find the MM do u measure the inside with a caliper dial or so? Also is it an ok carb. I know it's pretty big the PO had to mod the air filter rubber to fit.

Measure the inside diameter of the side that goes into the engine with a mic, ruler, or calipers. Stock carbs are 26MM.

38mm :) also I will post a pic later it looks like im running stock reeds? The metal is kinda thin and a brozish copper color. I'm gonna order v force 4s tomorrow.

38mm is too big for all but a full drag blaster engine whos only care is wide open

I'm pretty sure metal reeds are stock on everything i own I'm pretty sure they where metal when they came new at least that's the case with my ts185 but that's almost a 35 year difference i haven't seen stock plastic or carbon fiber ones yet but this is from my experience so I'm not 100% sure

Yea u are right, question is now I ordered vforce 4 reeds yesterday so once I find out what main jet I'm using what size up should I go just for adding reeds only? Just need an example say from a 230 up to a 240...

I've never really had an experience with jetting i always end up having someone do it even though i understand quite a bit about it to an extent but i can't tune it properly but I've never have put my full effort into it but u should be able to buy a jet kit for it with various size and do a plug chop test until u get everything right I'm sorry I'm not that much help

Reactions: BlasterPat
And there should be some place online where u could find a formula for getting u in the ball park but I've heard it doesn't work the best but again i don't have experience really

you don't need to re jet just for reeds...looking at your picture it looks like you have an fmf pipe which usually requires 270 to 310 main jets.....most reeds nowadays are made of fiberglass or carbon fiber

Reactions: BlasterPat
Ok thx guys. Imma just throw em in and goooo lol, I get what ur saying MURPH since I'm running an fmf I'm already jetted for something minor as to reeds..... right?

Last edited:
Ok thx guys. Imma just throw em in and goooo lol, I get what ur saying MURPH since I'm running an fmf I'm already jetted for something minor as to reeds..... right?
Dont throw them in and go!

You are taking the intake off and should perform a leak test!

If you just take off and "goooo" then you have a pretty good chance of coming to an expensive stoooop