What can i to fix a WEAK SPARK?

J

jtomasi1

I have a very weak spark whenever i kick start my blaster. I got it 2 days ago and have never been able to start, so i thought that the weak spark could be the cause.

But i doubt thats it. Make sure the fuel is on, make sure it has fuel in it, choke?

Also does it have resistance when you kick it over?? The motor could be shot.

Basically i would do as follows

Check fuel, check petcock, make sure fuel flows (disconnect fuel line to carb and see if fuel runs out)

If all of those are good and your using the choke, then i would replace the spark plug.

If it still doesnt start then theres probably somethin else wrong.

Yea, i just bought a new plug. I tried another one and the same weak spark. It seems like there is gas flowing through the engine. the engine also has pressure, i am not sure how much, but when i put my fingure over the spark hole it pushes my fingure off when i kick it (or my brother kicks it). there is a spark, its just really weak and it doesnt seem to want to start the blaster. total newbeee so please give as much advice as you want.

Definetly. I would find out which is cheapest (probably the coil) And the coil is definetly easier to replace than the stator. A coil is what gives you spark, it is basically a capacitor that builds up voltage and releases it through the plug.

So if you did a plug and are sure its a weak spark, then replace the coil. If it still doesnt work then replace the stator

What does the stator do. As compared to the coil. Thanks for everything too.I:I This forum has helped me out more than anything!

maybe a hotter plug may help?

and the stator spins over the coils, it has a magnet in it and it makes current through the art of induction, or the magnet passing over the coils, flywheel makes the power, the coils distribute it to the specified area in a timed order

In other words the stator acts as a alternator for the 4-wheeler. It isnt a alternator, but thats what it is in relation to cars.

So, the stator makes the power for the coil to build up and release through the spark plug to make the engine go.

try pulling it behind a truck and see if it will start, if it does not start move on to coil, and stator coil, if that does not help check on your rings, when i blew my rings i had compression but it would not start.

So let me see if i understand what you guys are saying. The stator and flywheel create an electric charge that is sent to the coil and then released from the coil. If i understand it correctly, then getting a new stator would be a better bet (more expensive) but better. Because if there is a weak spark, this sort of tells me that the stator is not creating enough of a charge. Or on the other hand, is the coil releasing too little of a charge sort of prematurely? So basically, which one should I replace first?

So let me see if i understand what you guys are saying. The stator and flywheel create an electric charge that is sent to the coil and then released from the coil. If i understand it correctly, then getting a new stator would be a better bet (more expensive) but better. Because if there is a weak spark, this sort of tells me that the stator is not creating enough of a charge. Or on the other hand, is the coil releasing too little of a charge sort of prematurely? So basically, which one should I replace first?

Hey, you got it. that is the jist of things.

but getting a new stator is not the answer (YET). First Test your Ignition coil. do a search Ive posted the steps in this forum before.