what brand gaskets last the longest?

motorcrosmaster

Dec 12, 2010
hi everyone, i am replacing the .50 over vitos piston thats currently in my quad with a .50 over wiseco piston. the rings on the vitos piston broke and killed the piston. i wondering what brand gaskets i should buy. i was going to replace the head and base gasket and possibly the exhaust gasket as well.

SCD racing gaskets. They're handcut out of Felpro gasket paper and then soaked with yamabond 5 before being installed. They're nearly nuclear bomb proof and currently being used on every SCD racing built engine, even a dragger!

In all seriousness, the cheap vesrah/vito's/K&S "green paper" gaskets have been known, on occasion, to suck in and create a massive air leak potentially endangering your engine (if your quad is currently being piloted by "brick thumb" awk). Cometic or OEM base gaskets are your best bet. Head gaskets are *as far as I'm aware of* all about the same and ALL intake gaskets stink. The real difference is that base gasket, like freek said.

what about the tusk brand i heard it was made by cometic but idk but thats the ones i ordered waiting for them to come in now to check them out

cometic EST hands down. civic, the head gasket in the est kit is actually diferent, its not a copper jobbie like everyone else

good memory civic, as i imploded both mine and jess oconnors green base gaskets