What are the risk of a aftermarket exhaust?

2006blasterboy

Nov 11, 2007
What is the worse thing it can do and i will not be installing it my mechanic will be. Will it run the same start the same?

a good exhaust will really wake up the power the blaster has.

all you have to do after install is jet it correctly, and youll be good to go.

A real crappy one will rust out sooner or later, and probably won't do its performance part.

A quality one will give you both performance and power, though the cost will rise steeply.

On an ATV, aftermarket exhaust will only improve it. There's no risk as long as you jet it as mentioned. If you're unsure of how to do so, take it to a shop.

If you were asking this question about a car and aftermarket exhaust, you'd have issues to deal with like back pressure, etc. Quads (or ATV's) are a much simpler machine and there are limited worries.

Good luck.

well my dad says that when i ride trails i go pretty slow and with a 2 stroke it will fowl a plug so i thought maybe i should just get a silencer do you have to jet it for that

well my dad says that when i ride trails i go pretty slow and with a 2 stroke it will fowl a plug so i thought maybe i should just get a silencer do you have to jet it for that

It won't foul a plug. It'll burn your clutch. B-)

Don't ride w/o a muffler. The lowered back pressure could cause ring damage.

you will foul plugs if you aren't in the realm of resonance, but... you can REV THE HELL out of these.... 75% throttle seems like it is a lot, but that is where a 2 stroke and 4 stroke really differ.

your 2 stroke thrives off high rev. ( that's where the "power band" is) ...

but... i will tell you this, you need to check on the performance gains of the aftermarket pipe...... people will hate me for this..... i think a stock blaster can lose some low-low end torque with... say an aftermarket FMF fatty. ( but in mid range, it will thrive)

please correct me if i am wrong anyone. i am new to the blaster ... but... i know 2 stroke motors pretty well.