what are the benefits of using a aluminum air box or modding the original

x-man

Jan 28, 2016
What are the benefits to an aluminum air box or modding the original

BART
you dont need to post 2 different thread we can allllllll see 1 just fineo_O
go to recent post on right hand side and you will see it lol.

anyways it is about air flow the stock boot has a mean curve to it,also with a snorkel slash tight lid seal.

they wanted to keep water out for the young ones/or going through huge puddles;)

anyways much respect but 1 thread is plenty........SPEEDY

BART
you dont need to post 2 different thread we can allllllll see 1 just fineo_O
go to recent post on right hand side and you will see it lol.

anyways it is about air flow the stock boot has a mean curve to it,also with a snorkel slash tight lid seal.

they wanted to keep water out for the young ones/or going through huge puddles;)

anyways much respect but 1 thread is plenty........SPEEDY
ok sry my phone was acting weird and I wasn't sure if it posted I looked I didn't see it but if I go and take off the air box lid and shave down the inside of that tube it'll get much better airflow?

ok sry my phone was acting weird and I wasn't sure if it posted I looked I didn't see it but if I go and take off the air box lid and shave down the inside of that tube it'll get much better airflow?
Or if I make up a straighter pipe to the carb

when you post on bf and it does the loading effin thing....
exit the pg and it will still post.
i knew that was what happened lol just bustin balls:rolleyes:

not sure what you are after but a better airbox design yes.
without engine mods forget it.
and or what are your mods?
have not searched through your list yet lol

when you post on bf and it does the loading effin thing....
exit the pg and it will still post.
i knew that was what happened lol just bustin balls:rolleyes:

not sure what you are after but a better airbox design yes.
without engine mods forget it.
and or what are your mods?
have not searched through your list yet lol
100%stock looking mod up but not sure where i want to money first or wast worth it I just picked up a blaster last month it runs good and everything but its stock and I'm trying upgrade I'm not a beginner I've got a zx6r I've been riding dirt bikes and quads my whole life but this is my first blaster and I'm not sure what's worth upgrading and what's worth putting money into i think i may have just posted it again

get a pipe
head mod
eff the airbox:) till you get engine mods/aftermarket exhaust lol
it would be like saying running off the straight carb with no airbox /filter at all
what is it going to do, too increase performance? nothing:p
http://www.kenoconnorracing.com/
ya thats pretty much what i was thinking n I've heard of Ken oconnor I don't have all the money to do what I would choose to do right now so it's pretty much saving up to send the engine out especially since I have a crack in my case but its not a bad one and iv got JB weld on there now no issues but but to do what I'd like going to be at least another 6 7 800 bucks with sending it off to finding parts on eBay

For the money, uni/twin air filter, no lid. If you have lots of mud/water outerware lid or buy material and make own lid. Or check out lid mod member "Best" did.
If you look around much, not many aftermarket or custom boxes or filter on carb being used.
Actually you get to the point of diminishing returns, the more you do the less % increase.

My set-up is ported 3mil, Fat Bastard pipe, Vito's reeds, stock carb, uni filter no lid.
Goeß plenty fast enough to break my old bones.