Weird idle

Blasternoob13

Feb 1, 2014
Finally got my damn bike running today . Been ripping it a little should a stock blaster pull up in first gear ? When I'm in 2-4th gear n I pull the clutch in for a turn or something it'l idle high so I'll dump it trying not to blow it up and it'l wanna pop up it idles some times but sometimes Boggs it's self out I have a little video of it kinda idling me on the gas a little trying to keep it alive if that would help

sounds like when you pull the clutch you might be starved of gas creating a dangerously lean mixture.

have you leak tested it recently?

Nope never leak tested it . I was told it could be because of a dirty air filter or gummed up air box . Only got like 450 in the bike trying to flip it

Could be diry carb/sticking slide, or could be the routing of throttle cable, gets pulled when turning.
As mentioned it could be a leak.
Wouldn't you feel stupid if someone test riding blew it up. You'll have way more than the cost of a gasket or seal to fix the leak.
Plus a well running machine is easier to sell if it runs flawlessly, one tends to overlook smaller issues.

How does one go about leak testing I think it is leaking out the header but isn't that okay? It's exhaust anyways? Or maybe the head I did take it off to look at the piston should I have bought a new copper casket or whatever it was

How does one go about leak testing I think it is leaking out the header but isn't that okay? It's exhaust anyways? Or maybe the head I did take it off to look at the piston should I have bought a new copper casket or whatever it was
Yes and yes. Always replace gaskets. Also you need to get the exhaust leak fixed. I'm battling that right now. 2-strokes run off the pulse of the exhaust. It will creat a lean mixture of air and fuel.

How can I get the leak on the header to stop? I'm not even real sure of it's leaking honestly . I know I leaks a little were the exhaust connects to it's self

I tried Copper RTV silicone. It didn't work well, just vibrated off and didn't seal. So I ordered a coupler that reduces from the flange to the pipe. Then I'm gonna try and hose clamp it on. I'll see.

Pictures please ? My dad's also telling me he's not letting me take it places till I have brakes I'm not trying to spend more then like 30-50 bucks on brakes . New? Or look for used ?

As fast said 2-strokes have a pulse that returns to the engine from the expansion chamber. When the pulses are in sync with the engine you get power band. 2 strokes must be leak-free from filter to silencer and jetted properly. High revving is a good sign of an airleak. is the exhaust leaking where the pipe meets the head or the silencer? Also what kind of exhaust, stock or aftermarket.

The pulse from the engine goes from the cylinder out the exhaust and when it hits the cone near the end of the pipe it's relfected back and draws spent exhaust gases back into the engine for the next compression cycle before the piston closes the exhaust port. The leak at the flange draws fresh air back into the cylinder and causes a lean mix ie revving like your on the gas fix that leak before your fixing alot more

Pictures please ? My dad's also telling me he's not letting me take it places till I have brakes I'm not trying to spend more then like 30-50 bucks on brakes . New? Or look for used ?
Your dad is a wise guy, listen to him, if a tree walks out in front of you it is nice to be able to stop!

Got rid of it for a kx60 and 350 made my money back and some . Gunna fix up the kx sell it n get another