Warrior brakes on blaster?

im far from a expert on breaks but i am sure you could with fabing some sort of bolt on pattern like awk08 on here did for some gsxr breaks.

you'll have to do fab no matter what for the master cylinder mount. you then have to modify the brake pedal, or get a pedal/peg from an 03-06

same goes with the caliper end, you can either make an adapter bracket, OR you can just try to find an 03-06 axle carrier. then it should bolt right on.

Just go with Awk's GSXR brakes. Can't say enough good things about the brakes and awk himself. PM him for prices, he's a great guy to do business with!!

you'll have to do fab no matter what for the master cylinder mount. you then have to modify the brake pedal, or get a pedal/peg from an 03-06

same goes with the caliper end, you can either make an adapter bracket, OR you can just try to find an 03-06 axle carrier. then it should bolt right on.

NEARLY bolt right on.... with an 03+ carrier and 88-02 axle the caliper and disc would both be free floating. It would then be possible for both to slide far enough off to one side for the caliper to come off the slider pins.

The pieces really needed to make it bitchin easy are as follows:

03+ rear peg and pedal

03+ carrier

banshee axle (wider than stock) or 03+ axle

Brake hub off either the banshee or 03+ blaster.

You'll have to fab a method to hold the master cylinder and fluid cup and then bolt the carrier and axle in and slide a hydro caliper on.

ORRRRRRR you could fab a bracket to hold a hydro caliper minus the parking brake attachment and use the regular carrier and floating disc (what I did on my yellow blasty!) with the caliper fixed.

ORRRRRRRRR you could contact Awk08 and get a set of GSX-R brakes and brackets.

ORRRRRRRRRRRRR you could pull the stock mechanical caliper apart and rebuild it per the instructions found in the DIY section of this forum.

Choice really is yours.

I used a Warrior brake system on mine. Bracket has three metric nuts welded for spacer, caliper bolts to bracket. Mine is a pre 03, I used existing rotor, it doesn't matter if both caliper and rotor are floating. My resivoir is up by the air box on simple L bracket that attaches to a tab on the frame by front of air box. I do have to admit that I need to re-do it slightly. I have too long of a pedal extension because I mounted it to the frame down tube rather than lower sub-frame tube, thought it would be more protected there. When you weld on the frame unplug all wires from stator, cdi, and volt reg, put ground clamo as close as possible to weld. The hose is long enough. If I have to change things when I finally get a Banshee axle, so be it.

Awk's system is great for a plug and play, especially if you lack fbrication skills or tools.