Warrior/blaster hybrid

2000chevy

Jan 23, 2013
west virginia
Anyone ever tried putting a blaster engine in a warrior frame? I think I would like to try building this hybrid. If I did follow through with it I think I would do a mild engine build. Any thoughts/ opinions on this idea?

I'm a bigger guy and I always felt like the blasters I had handled really bad and were too twitchy in the air. A few other reasons also but I thought it would be a decent idea.

Id put a YZ250 or WR250 or a old 400 or 500 2 stroke motor in a warrior frame. Or maybe a big a$$ snowmobile engine would make that warrior frame fly! :D

Reactions: harley1-5
My "ideal" would be a 350+ KTM in the warrior, with some suspension of course.
No replacement for displacement :p

At one time I actually thought about an XS 650 for one :confused:

I thought I would pick the blaster motor because it is probably one of the only counterbalanced 2 stroke engines I could get for cheap. I looked it up and a warrior is only around 60 pounds or so heavier and I think that that probably comes from the heavy motor in them

As far as being happy with it I'd be tickled pink if it came out good lol. I always loved how my blasters ran but that was about it.

I think with some suspension upgrades, a blaster would really tickle your fancy.

After going from bone stock to a widened with suspension, i can never go back

I'm a bigger guy and I always felt like the blasters I had handled really bad and were too twitchy in the air. A few other reasons also but I thought it would be a decent idea.
The listed rider weight limit for a Blaster is 220 lbs. Seat and control placement is for about 5' 7" rider . If you are too big and heavy for a Blaster that's why it does not work good for you.

Hybrids always sound like a good idea, but only true samurai ever actually pull it off. Well, samurai and people who weld. Ok, samurai, people who weld, and people with tons of money.