Voltage regulator

blasterkiidirl

Dec 10, 2010
Ireland Cork
The voltage regulator went on my race quad and i think it could be gone because it wouldnt rev but then i disconected the wire it ran fine again, what is causing the regulator to go like this? Do i need a new stater?

The voltage regulator went on my race quad and i think it could be gone because it wouldnt rev but then i disconected the wire it ran fine again, what is causing the regulator to go like this? Do i need a new stater?

check all grounds and check the volts/amps comming from the stator. and make sure none of the wires are in wrong spots

The voltage reg has nothing to do with ignition.

There are 2 different circuits in a Blaster.

Either you have a short between the cuircuits, or something is plugged in the wrong place.

Another reason the improved condition , is that you may have jiggled and earth causing it to make better contact.

Check and correct the earthing points.

yes /\
the voltage regulator only regulates the voltage of the lighting circut, the ignition circut is separate.
check your color to color connections coming out of the flywheel cover, right above the shifter

Last edited:
yes /\
the voltage regulator only regulates the voltage of the lighting circut, the ignition circut is seperate.
check your color to color connections coming out of the flywheel cover, right above the shifter

so could you just leave it off the quad and the cdi will be fine?

so could you just leave it off the quad and the cdi will be fine?

the ignition has nothing to do with the regulator, but without it your gonna fry lightbulbs, as the voltage will spike with the revs unregulated

Without a voltage reg, the voltage will soar way above 12 volts and take the globes out, but nothing will happen to the CDI, as it carries its own reg.