Vito's Fat Bastard pipe and a right bend pipe

DLStryker

Oct 18, 2012
Attached is a pic of a Vito's Fat Bastard pipe compared to an unknown manufacturer right bend pipe. Voto's is 17 1/4 inch around the expansion chamber and the right bend is 13 3/4.

Attachments

• Pipe1.jpeg
    Pipe1.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 291
  • Pipe2.jpeg
    Pipe2.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 284
Interesting. Pipe design is an interesting theory. Best explanation I've seen is by Gorden Jennings in "Two stroke tuners handbook"
Explains how the angle of the head pipe and reflecter cones affect type of power band.

This is a Cobra pipe on the left and a CT pipe on the right! Can't tell very well in your unknown pipe pic, but it may be the same pipe as the Cobra?
20181210_185359.jpg

More info on the pipes. I had the following mods: open air box, V force reeds and correct jetting. The unknown right bend in the pics WAY out performed a FMF pipe and did out perform a Toomey B1. The right bend had the same mid range as the Toomey and pulls HARD on the big end or the rpms. In my opinion, the Tommey has great mid range and OK on the big end, but does not pull HARD. The Toomey does pull harder than the FMF on the big end though.

I eventually upgraded to CFM air box and rechambered head and experienced the same results per pipe as above.

The Vito's has not been installed on anything yet, but will be going on a ported 240 stroker. So, really wont be able to compare it to the other pipes on a lighlty moded OEM motor. Once the 240 motor is broken in and I've had time to ride on the Vito's, I am thinking about swapping in the right bend to see what the performance comparison is. The Vito's has considerable more internal volume. I would assume it would churn the biig bore better.

Attached is a pic of a Vito's Fat Bastard pipe compared to an unknown manufacturer right bend pipe. Voto's is 17 1/4 inch around the expansion chamber and the right bend is 13 3/4.

Attachments

• Pipe1.jpeg
    Pipe1.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 171
  • Pipe2.jpeg
    Pipe2.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 179