vitos dual stage reeds

OK wasn't sure already at 240 just oil block off going to 260 with pro circuit pipe and dynoport muffler. Got open air box, spacer, and vitos dual reeds just wasn't sure about more jet. I appreciate the info.

I'm planning on it, I run 32:1 50-50 mix of 110 and 93 non ethanol so I tend to be able to run a little lighter on jets than normal.

what compression are you running to require the 50/50 mix ?

you will make more power with the lowest octane you can run without causing detonation.

Not sure about what compression... I was told by my fellow buddies that 50-50 was about normal and it wouldn't require as much jet. I have access to non ethanol 87 and up. What would you recommend? The motor itself is stock. Idk about two strokes too much, I work on dirt late models.

Not sure about what compression... I was told by my fellow buddies that 50-50 was about normal and it wouldn't require as much jet. I have access to non ethanol 87 and up. What would you recommend? The motor itself is stock. Idk about two strokes too much, I work on dirt late models.

what are your buddies objectives of running "less jetting" ?
to offset the cost of unneeded race fuel ?

a stock blaster engine will run perfectly fine on octane even as low as 87.
the lower the octane the easier it burns
using higher octane than required = lighter wallet only

just general rules of thumb...

up to 150ish psi = 87/89 octane
150+ -165ish = 93 octane
165+ - 185 = 50/50 mix
185+ = straight 100+ race fuel

you'll still need to plug chop and/or listen closely to determine if detonation is occuring

Im glad u put this out there awk i been running 93 for no reason

i have to run 93 only for my 160+ compression white blaster to prevent detonation.
i run 87 in my stockish black blaster.
i ran 87 only for 8+ years in my completely stock '96
sold it with the stock piston/rings still in it and still starting 1-2 kicks

let me rephrase that "lower octane burns easier"
higher octane resists ignition at higher compression to deter detonation.
so in a sense, for the same compression, lower octane will burn quicker/easier
here...............

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/high-octane-fuel-definition-detonation-43860/

Really nothing special with lighter jetting, but supposedly higher octane fuel will allow the air cooled motor to run cooler?? Is what I'm told.... I haven't plug chopped it yet bit I haven't heard anything unusual from the motor but I have noticed light to moderate throttle while riding it seems choppy but when I open it up all the way instantly its in the power band and runs like a top

With your stated mods you should be looking at plug chopping at #290 - #300

PIPE =#260 - #270
Air box open + 2 sizes
32:1 + 1 size

Based on this post. My daughters blaster is running a bit lean then. No pipe yet, but the airbox lid is removed and run 32:1. I currently have a stock jet in it. I should be 250-260 on this bike?

My sons Blaster will be a Bills pipe, Airbox lid removed and 32:1 I should be looking 270 -280 for my sons bike ?

Based on this post. My daughters blaster is running a bit lean then. No pipe yet, but the airbox lid is removed and run 32:1. I currently have a stock jet in it. I should be 250-260 on this bike?

My sons Blaster will be a Bills pipe, Airbox lid removed and 32:1 I should be looking 270 -280 for my sons bike ?

Your Daughters would benefit from #260 - #270.

Your Sons, #290 - #300.