Vito's+3 stroker

Unstock240

Oct 7, 2008
mid Ohio
Does the vito's +3 come with a spacer to keep the ports aligned? I know on hotrods its good to get a port job along with them and head redone from the misaligned ports. So with the vitos is it basically ready to go when you install it with the spacer?

well the shop that rebuilt mine "matched the ports" but I really don't think they did. If I ever find out they didn't I'm gonna be ripshit. 1700 for nothing.

they provide the spacer so you do not need the head machined for clearance.the ports will still be off..it needs porting to get the max power...the 3mm will add some power but while its apart might as well get it port matched and add a ton more power.

Do they just raise or lower the port windows for the higher stroke?
Could I possibly do this myself? Just to hold me over until I can afford a 240 then send that to get fully ported.

when you use a plate it raises the jug up making the squish head clearance ~more ~correct .it gets the tops of the ports similar ot stock(which still is a mile off) but now the piston drops down i nthe hole significantly lower and al l the gases are bascily hitting up against a cylinder wall instead of being drawn in pumped efficeintly through the engine.reshaping/altering the ports ot match the new stroke is the only way it wil lever be right and make the most benefit.just slapping a spacer plate under it and calling it a day will only add a few ponies and youll be disappointed

I ordered the crank, I guess i'll put it in. then the next paycheck or so have the cylinder sent out and get that fixed.

Should I replace the crank bearings while I have it apart? I know I am getting a gasket kit and crank seals for it.

Should I replace the crank bearings while I have it apart? I know I am getting a gasket kit and crank seals for it.

I wouyld say absolutely.Spend an extra $40 now or you could buy ,bearings,3mm crank,piston,seals,gaskets, later when it blows up from bad crank bearings.IMO