vforce3 reed cage

i've seen conequests also, and do beleive it is better, but to just show the 2 sitting there saying "look at the size" doesn't float with me, you're not showing that the vf3 has 8 petals that size, versus 6 for the cr style, i'm thinkin the total area is prolly close to the same

i've seen conequests also, and do beleive it is better, but to just show the 2 sitting there saying "look at the size" doesn't float with me, you're not showing that the vf3 has 8 petals that size, versus 6 for the cr style, i'm thinkin the total area is prolly close to the same

Very true awk. I hate to waste my time makeing a spacer if indeed you are right and you make a very very good point. I dont know the inner workings of the reeds to really make an educated guess/ decision. Total area is close and i never really looked at it that way. Maybe someone who knows exactly how the inner petals work could be a big help.

there may be some gains to be had with the longer, thinner 6 petals over the shorter, fatter 8 petals ??????
my guess is the shorter, fatter ones will open and close faster than the longer ones ??? allowing more top end rev before they start to float ?????