very stupid mistake

it took balls to admit all this, so have some rep for giant gazoons!!!

it was no ones fault but my own. i got impatient and blew it up. lesson learned. my exhaust is at ups im about to go pick it up...possibly opening up the top end this weekend

if i had a garage to work in id gladyl open it up now, but since i work til 4 and it gets dark at 5 theres no chance of me getting anything done these days..so i gotta wait til the weekend. and yeah thanks im not kicking it anymore im not THAT dumb

it was no ones fault but my own. i got impatient and blew it up. lesson learned.

I know how you feel did the same thing. Just wanted to ride her so bad and ended up running her lean and melting the piston. Good luck hopefully its something simple and not the top end.

yea thanks ill snap some photos of the damage, i was gonna do it today but i had an eye exam and they dialated my eyes so for 5 hours i cant really see lol

but my guess is im gonna need to bore it over another .020 (final at .040), get a new piston and new gaskets of course. i may sell the carb and get a diff one because i feel it was the damn carbs fault.

ok status report, i didnt do a leak test but im pretty sure it was the head gasket since it was a little funky looking.. pulled everything apart, and its the bottom end.

jetting was 50 on the pilot, 155 main. 3rd clip.

piston is dark but doesnt look too bad, just has some carbon and oil on it.
the crank is very dark and doesnt really wanna move
as far as the cylinder walls they look fine. and the piston rings are still perfect so it should be fine.
pics: cylinder walls
0127001647.jpg

piston, looks alot worse then it is it had oil on it :
0127001635a.jpg

now i have a question about this: the gasket i used covered these.. slots ill call them, is that supposed to happen?
0127001638.jpg

annnd the sh*tty crank
0127001635.jpg

thanks for all the help

The base gasket is supposed to cover those "slots".
Were you running pre-mix or oil injection?
And did you scrub everything down really good before assembly?
Bummer on the crank man. But at least the jug is ok. That's a plus.