v-force question

89blaster89

Aug 26, 2011
Pacific northwest, washington
i just got brand new v-force-3 reeds kit, and the instructions are pretty confusing, what do i have to cut? and what all do i have to do to get them installed corectly? will the orange permatex gasket maker work to help seal up the reeds by putting it on the gaskets that came with it? its heat resistant to 650 degrees but not gas resistant?

the only thing that needs cut for vf3's to a stock intake is the little rubber air deflector that protudes towards the engine on the stock intake, the vf3's will not need modded at all,

the instructions say to bolt it together with the bolts/nuts and washers provided, with the washers between the reed cage and intake, this allows a gap to insert a hacksaw blade to cut off the rubber air deflector (the vf3 insert/nozzle will need temporarily removed to do this)

a utility knife used on that rubber air deflector will produce the same results.

i have always used hi-temp copper permagasket on all gaskets, but will be using the KOR recommended
case bond on my next set.

I did what the instructions said, put the stock carb boot against the reed valve as if it where installed then placed the two bottom bolts to support leaving a gap just enough for a hack saw blade to fit between the reed Valve and carb boot allowing you to carefully cut the excess rubber flange making the carb boot completely flat and couch for when you mount it to the reed valve for its final installation.

anyone have pictures of it or how they did it? i kinda have an idea but im still kinda confused
ALSO should i cut the little nozzle off of the pice that snaps into the cage?. thx

Last edited:
ALSO should i cut the little nozzle off of the pice that snaps into the cage?. thx

just cut that little rubber deflector off the stock intake,
to make the reed side perfectly flat. sand smooth.
you do not have to cut anything on the VF3's

ahh ok, i was just wondering , i read something on here that said the nozzle restricts air flow or something

nope, the nozzle is shaped perfectly to fit into the intake and help guide the air to the reeds.
cutting it off like i had to do, hasn't been proven to do squat.