UNI filter install?

kpmengr

Sep 29, 2013
Santa Maria, CA
Got a new UNI for the new-2-me bike. The previous owner was an idiot so I don't trust how this was installed when I took it apart. So my question- the filter has two layers of black foam on the base of the filter. Does the plastic cage fit BETWEEN these two layers or on top of them? Thanks for the help.

Yes the cage goes inside the filter- I got that. If you look at the way the filter is made, there is the 'dome' made out of red filter material and a 'base' made out of black filter material (viewed from the outside). The black base mesh is actually 2 layers of material. You can install the cage between these 2 layers (my first guess), or with some extra stretching, the cage can be made to clamp down on top of both layers.

both layers go over the cage and clamps both black bases to the airbox, apply a light layer of grease to get a good seal

Thanks for the help! I got it on and should work great. I have always used K&N on my other bikes but thought I would try something different on the blaster. I would not have thought to grease the bottom, so thanks again.