Ultra Nasty DIY Triple Ported Powervalved TRX401R !!!

Jan 6, 2011
wichita ,ks aka tha 316 or ICT
Well guys i have my hands on one nasty built project... I scored a 88 250r for $800 a few years ago, it had lost the chain and knocked the entire shifter boss off!!! I could touch the trans w 3 fingers.. had it welded up and rockn the dunes in a day. Came w vf3's ,cool head, renthal bars moose throttle , fmf pipe and ran amazing! That was until i sprung a water leak and fried the piston.... I bought a spare motor to get me buy and its still in it.

Now for the kewl sh*t..... I looked into big hp mods for the r and found all kinds of BB kits w all kinds of prices to go w it. Then i heard about ppl putting the polaris jug on the r cases....I happen to have 2 spare polaris jugs and was well on my way to start hackin it all together when i stumbled upon another mod that seemed so much meaner, Rotax!!!!!!! i sniped a jug and piston off ebay w a good rave valve for $110 delivered and it is a masterpiece of 2stroke technology!!!!!!! Like the gods of 2 smokers had an orgy and gave birth to a sled.

I'm using a skidoo mxzr 800 twin jug, +4 hotrods trx250r crank w a rotax 670 rod, stock rotax 82mm piston, a stock rotax head chopped in half. I have to weld and tap the cases for the rotax bolt pattern, bore the cases to accept the jug, cut another transfer port in the case , weld the jug transfers to better match the r's case, weld the head closed , weld the water inlet bung on and block off part of the water passage in the jug and then assemble it all to start porting and mocking up a pipe.....

My buddy is a foreman at a weld shop and i werk at a machine shop, or else idk if it would be cheap and i know i am ,lol
current progress on it all = cases, head and jug at welders. crank needs sent off to be assembled and balanced

so far the above parts are all i have purchased and im about $433 into a motor that should have 80hp-100hp+ on a 250r chassis ... kinda gives my a chubby thinkn about it :)

Attachments

• IMG_20130112_183153.jpg
    IMG_20130112_183153.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,200
  • IMG_20130110_210418.jpg
    IMG_20130110_210418.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,274
  • IMG_20130112_182234.jpg
    IMG_20130112_182234.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 826
  • IMG_20130112_182059.jpg
    IMG_20130112_182059.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 755
  • IMG_20130112_182243.jpg
    IMG_20130112_182243.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:
cheezus.... look at the size of that rotax intake !!!!
keep us posted on this Franken-R build nate...kewl chit I:I

hondax!!!!! actually 80+ hp is very conservative our soft ware shows much higher numbers @ 190 psi and 8000rpm, that mightbe at the crank but its big hp fosho.. there are a handful of 125cc dirt bikesaround 40hp and the sled was around 135hp at the track ,we'll just have to see .....I know packard engineering build a similar hondax that held the record for the worlds fastest 1 lung quad !!!!

I need that Jug Or atleast a port-map for it!! I'll start work on the designing a pipe.

Im thinking he needs a 3 :1 gearing. maybe 30 tooth up front and 10 in the back lol

Fun and Crazy are likely the 2 most accurate descriptions of my character. Aside from ridiculous.!!! Wait till u see the powervalved triple exhaust ports on this beautiful Chunk of metal!!!!!
The work I have ahead is unchartered territory for me but @ one point in time. 2 strokes In general were a mystery aswell!

I'm pretty sure I'll need a lock out clutch, a mile long swinger and frame gussets!!!

If I can machine an intake @ werk to weld on to ur sled jug we r onto something! .....

my rod just showed up in the mail and is ready to be sent off for assembly and balancing!!!
any suggestions on who to use ? Im leaning towards crankworks , or hybrid engineering....

Attachments

• .temp.jpg
    .temp.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:
Sweet, I love this!
Once you have your cylinder and and piston set up, you will likely have to machine the head for proper squish.
A shallower chamber with less sqish area may work better for you.

attachment.php

I sniped me 2 sets of vf3's w 2intake boots for $73.45 delivered!!!! thats $36.72 a piece!!!! u cant buy vf3's that cheap for anything!!!!

yeah, ive been looking @ some aftermarket heads and i can mill the surface to tighten things up but i wish i had the software for a cnc mill at work or the other equipment to reshape it at home.....id send one to someone on the forum if they want to give it a shot.

the 80hp puma was a Nate Mccoy build on alchohol and im strongly considering a dual set up. one being a 91 pump gas set up and one being an e85 set up. Ill have 2 heads and 2 carbs outta this build so i might aswell build 2 pipes and tune each set up.

clutches arent gonna b cheap though.... that kinda hp requires lotsa $$$ to putt it to the wheels. im looking @ the weisco basket ,a lock out of and some kind heavy springs .Wish i could find a kewl guy way to modd a clutch off something else .......?

Last edited:
I need that jug for a day. I'll calculate when peak power needs to come in, and the power valves need to open.

I want to see a power band atleast a mile wide

I got ahold of GP and bought me a slingshot lock up!!!! $295 + shipping wich wont be much cause they are only a few hours to the west of me!!! The conversation we had included some very kewl info. I was told that Nate Mcoy was the man to talk to on pipes among other things. although my first will be a homebuilt version based on the data provided by 2stroke wizard v4 and should work well, I will probably have Nate Mccoy work his magic eventually. Crankworks will be getting my crank assembled and balanced for $200+ heavy metal? I'm wondering what their into Some pantera or five fignger death punch or something? lol Maybe i should send them a few cd's of some local heavy metal bands...... either way it will be otw in the near future Still waiting on my welder to get my cases,jug,and head all fryed up....he found out his girl was prego and now she'sall whiney and needy.....I scoped all the nessecary tools at work and we have a boring kit that will go all the way up to 4inch, a plethra of end mills,drill bits and taps to deck tap and drill everything..... The anticipation is killing me ......