Two stroke ?'s

purplesan

Apr 11, 2009
Virginia
I have only been back into the hobby for a couple of weeks. I've been out for about 7 years. It was 2001/2002 when the four strokes were making their debut (as far as I remember anyway).

I had a buddy who raced 250 class locally. Which wasn't much but whatever. I asked him if would be getting a new four stroke. His words were "not as long as I keep beatin' 'em". That has pretty much stuck with me. Although shortly after he said it, he ended up with a 426...go figure.

Now I see that Yamaha is the only manufacturer sticking with two strokes? It can't be ALL about the pollution. I certainly don't want a four stroke dirt bike. I had a CR125, ridden RM's, and YZ's and there's nothing like 'em period.

I love the high revs, the sound, the smell of a two stroke and hate to think my kids won't be able to get the same feeling. At least, not with a new bike. Hell, I'm still looking to get an ATC 250R that I wanted 20 years ago.

Not sure why I posted this but it was on my mind. ummm...

"Long live the two stroke..." ?

doesn't honda have a 125 and 250 2-stroke dirtbike for 2009???? or did they drop them??

that would be mean, ive seen a drag blaster with a yz125 motor, it was quick and 85's arnt much diffrent

uh oh! Now I wanna build one of these! That's just cool. Maybe not to start my son out on per say but as he progresses...who knows. cr85's fetch a great deal on eBay by the way. As do CR 500's. I bid up $300 which is the limit when shipping is $75. I shouldn't bid on anything since I'm about broke. Oh well, fun is fun. If ya'll see my wife on here...