twist or thumb throttle?

Last edited by a moderator:
Geometry is HELLA different than it is on bikes. With a bike, your body stays parallel to the vertical position of the bike. There is no leaning, or shifting your body to corner harder. with the ATV, the bike stays parallel to the ground, and you need to shift your body weight to keep it on all wheels. When you shift your body weight, your arms change positions, and your throttle hand cannot turn the throttle correctly. Some guys like em,, most of us dont. Twist throttle can be a dangerous unintentional wide the hell open throttle like the video posted demonstrates. I tried twist on mine and it aint for me for good reason.

my blaster had a twist throttle on it when we got it and it didn't feel right, so I switched back to thumb and haven't looked back. That being said I worked with a guy over the summer that was #1 flat track racing in IL and he did it on a 250r with a twist throttle

well i had to chime in on this, i love twist throttles but it takes a little getting used to. you cant be scared of it you just have to go for it, the first day i got my blasty i felt my twist throttle and was somewhat scared but i rode it up and down the rode a few time i got used to it very quickly. pros of a twist throttle, no sore thumb after long rides, in my opinion better control of power, looks bada$$. cons of twist thottles, going off jumps takes a little getting used to, rocky terrain is a little harsh, going up steep climbs can be scary at times. but all in all once you get used to it theyre great to have.