Triple exhaust ports and what they are.

@ wo ya , i made a video of me doing a yt cylinder it's always scary and ive done it 5 times succesfully.usually 8mm or 3/8 is the limit but thats real close! Its not easy ,if it were anyone could do it. this is reserved for the talented and ballsy ones of us. My next one is getting monster triples just to see if i can . My bro gabe did the math and says we need around 16mm channels behind the ports to hit 10,750 rpm. he has good software to calc it all.

I will be trying these tripples out on a stock cylinder, I didn't do them, I'm too chicken!!! But can't wait to see!

who did u have do ur triples? i finally got around to lapping my jug and head so it would seal again and that lil blaster is NASTY!!!! havent tuned it perfect yet and analyzing the audio from the vids it would twist 10,380rpm!!! with an 160-170psi comp,fmf fatty pipe ,34mm tm carb and cr125 reeds. its way too fast for my back yard and we have a 150-200ft stretches.i havent had it barely past second and it was scary in the mud w bald flat 18inch tires!!! Ill post vids soon.

who did u have do ur triples? i finally got around to lapping my jug and head so it would seal again and that lil blaster is NASTY!!!! havent tuned it perfect yet and analyzing the audio from the vids it would twist 10,380rpm!!! with an 160-170psi comp,fmf fatty pipe ,34mm tm carb and cr125 reeds. its way too fast for my back yard and we have a 150-200ft stretches.i havent had it barely past second and it was scary in the mud w bald flat 18inch tires!!! Ill post vids soon.

SCD racing!!!!

10,380rpm!!!!:eek::eek: Looking forward to some vids!

@ wo ya , i made a video of me doing a yt cylinder it's always scary and ive done it 5 times succesfully.usually 8mm or 3/8 is the limit but thats real close! Its not easy ,if it were anyone could do it. this is reserved for the talented and ballsy ones of us. My next one is getting monster triples just to see if i can . My bro gabe did the math and says we need around 16mm channels behind the ports to hit 10,750 rpm. he has good software to calc it all.

If you're willing run ridiculous exhaust port timing, you can actually get a channel about 6mm by 13mm or so behind the triples. That's what I ended up with on my dragger cylinder. "Normal" exhaust port timing however, wouldn't be able to double stack the drill holes like that....

im going to build up weld on the outside of the next couple jugs i port along w the boyesens. Im moving on to a 401
cc triple ported powervalved rotax topend on my latest toy 88trx 250r soon after. cant wait to se what i can do with a good port job on that!!

I look forward to your vids!
I have used your method of frequency counting on my 23cc baja motor- it works. Mine hits 22k and it's believed to be a low count.
The only problem I see with a 10k rpm blasty motor is you basically have a drag motor.
Alcohol will help gain some low end, nitro will help even more but on gas IDK.
Low end torque will be gone along with trail riding.

i thought the same thing about low end power and i tested it by lugging around the yard in 4th about 20mph it still has good riable power down low too. lugging in fourth i could round the trees up front and peg the gas and it would sluggishly pull for 20 -30 ft then start pickin up. it will yank the front end up barely blipping the throttle maybe 1/4 throttle in the first 2 gears. ill post a vid of me lugging it to give ppl an idea of what low end turned out like. mind u i havent tuned it since i fixed the leaky head gasket issue.i plan on having it dyno tuned at little sahara sand sports in waynoka.

Gabe and I are currently as i type chopping the lower fin out to access the thin spot on the triples, then we will use my wire feed welder to build a weld up and replace the fin with the original and maybe additional fin material . we plan on adding aditional cooling capabilities to the entire top end by adding to the fins.

Gabe and I are currently as i type chopping the lower fin out to access the thin spot on the triples, then we will use my wire feed welder to build a weld up and replace the fin with the original and maybe additional fin material . we plan on adding aditional cooling capabilities to the entire top end by adding to the fins.

How's the mig do for adhesion and penetration on that cast? I rewelded slickerthanyou's cylinder while I had it and it took about like a set of cases....terribly.

I drilled the bottom fin out on my dragger cylinder trying to access that pesky little area to no avail. Even once I could *sorta* get to it, I couldn't get anything to take down inside the crook of the cylinder anyway.... I wound up abandoning that pursuit and focused on making as much of a triple tunnel as I could while staying inside the stock cylinder confines.

honestly we havent had much practice mig welding aluminum. we did gabes boysens on the yt and had decent results , but adhesion and penetration is difficult so far. it will take some time to master. we have access to pro welders w tigs but we are trying to be self relliant. everyone says " u cant push aluminum thru a wire feed, u have to get a spool gun" I beg to differ .it is possible to make it work if u take the right steps. we removed the entire corner of that fin as close to the cylinder as possible and are in the process of material removal in that area to allow access. if we find it to be too dificult w a mig ill have it tigged. i plan on getting a tig eventually.

we will be dremmeling out the material in the crevis to expose a non oxidized surface and w the fin missing we might be able to getr done.
we will post pics.

U guys using a spoolmate attachment on the mig setup? I will be curious as to heat settings, I have no problem with thin stuff 3/16" and less even with 220V but start to get thicker it looks like sh*t. I would even attempt cast, that's why I let James fix my fins.

LOL that's why I asked what sort of adhesion and penetration they were getting on the cylinder.

With a miggy, if the base material is too thick (for the machine), the gun tries to add it too fast (to put enough "heat" in) and you'll get "blobs" of build up with almost no penetration at all :( You might even be able to grab the "weld" with a pair of pliers and break it back off... double :(

I would like to see your attempts and seriously wish you luck. I'd like to see it for you just so you can monkey with the extra triple area!