Transmission Oil

I went to the bike shop to get gaskets and oil for transmission for my blasters as i am getting rid of the oil injection. Mechanic gave me some Maxima 80 wt transmission oil for the blaster. I didnt see that my bike calls for this only seen YAMALUBE4 or 10w30 motor oil with certain restrictions on its preservatives and such. Is it ok or good to run this tranmission oil (maxima 80 wt trans oil for 2 and 4 stroke bikes) on the blaster or is this mechanic not real familiar with the bike? This mechanic had done some work on my old banshee and worked well but i want to make sure the clutch and such in transmission case works well :). Oh and what magic word should i use to get the kick starter off? :) :p

Thanks,

Brian

oh yes you will like the oil injection block off kit. um to get the kick starter off it just takes sme fussing and prying. i think that tapped oh it a little with a hammer to get it off.

the oil he gave you is not my fovorite. i have used it once. it will work and its ok for your transmitions, but I preferr the Bel Ray Gear Saver.

i use royal purple 10w40 in my tranny and have no problems at all. i hear about people using the maxim 80w gear oil all the time though and never a complaint about it.

I used Belray gear saver also. And are you talking about getting the nut on the kick starter off??? I just used an impact gun on mine. but if you dont have that a 1/2" drive breaker bar w/ the propper size socket on it should work!

Save yourselves some money and just run Type F ATF transmission fluid from walmart.I use it and it works great.I have almost every mod for the blaster and my builder even recomeends it.$1 dollar a quart compared to $6-8.

I've used both Royal Purple 10w40, and Bel-Ray gear saver, and both worked fine for me. I'm currently using Bel-Ray but if I needed to change it and Royal Purple is what I had on hand I wouldn't hesitate a moment to use it. I'm not firmiliar with TYPE F atf fluid. I know it dosent have the friction moddifiers in it (whatever thay are???), but if its like most other atf fluid it might be a little on the thin side. But thats just my two cents.

i would run type F atf ...or for everyday trai l snail with less changes belray gearsaver works good too