Tranny fluid??

gixxer1000

Feb 16, 2015
Hey i just put the motor back in my blaster after having some work done and im running ATF in the tranny.i did four heat cycles and retorqued the head.took a lengthy spin on it and had it maxed out top speed for a little while.i just got back and noticed no fluid in the sight glass.i topped it off but is this normal? No noticable leaks anywhere either!

Did you allow time for it to settle after ride? No exceßsive smoke?
Atf is pretty clear when fresh.
Yes i gave it ten minutes and just happened to check the sight glass and saw nothing.its brand new fluid.when i had the motor work done it was drained of the old fluid.im gonna take it for another spin in a little while and check it again.no more smoke than normal i mix at 32:1 so it always smokes a little

The sight glass lies.

If you fill to the sight glass line and then use the bike, oil will spillover into the lower section of the gearbox leaving less oil in the sight glass part of the case.

The sight glass function is to be able to see if there is oil in the tranny after riding it, not as an indication as to filling it to the correct level.

If you fill the tranny with 650ml of oil you will have no problems.

The sight glass lies.

If you fill to the sight glass line and then use the bike, oil will spillover into the lower section of the gearbox leaving less oil in the sight glass part of the case.

The sight glass function is to be able to see if there is oil in the tranny after riding it, not as an indication as to filling it to the correct level.

If you fill the tranny with 650ml of oil you will have no problems.
Awesome! I figured it wasnt accurate to fill by using the glass.thnx

Reactions: Blaaster