trail riding

motodad

Aug 14, 2009
My 2000 blaster is stalk, I have bought a twist throttle for it but that is it. I would like to build it with some good low end grunt, I am just not sure what pipe would be best. I have found some but I would like to see what others are using. Once I have a good pipe I can build around it, I plan to do Internal work like a piston, bore, port matching and then to the carb and jets. I just need a good pipe that will work while I build in steps and ride in between I dont want to have to buy another pipe down the road. The ultimate goal is a good trail quad

lrd, toomey, trininty,dynoport ant thers alot more

Thats what I mean, Out of these who has used what, likes, dislikes. who trail rides? what do you like to use for that type of riding? I have never owned a quad so I dont know the first thing about setting them up. All the help I can get would be great. I ride tight trails and lots of hills (behind my kid)

well there are many pipes out there, and everyone is gonna tell you somthing different. its all personal preference, some people like the low end and mid range pull, and others like the top end rush for some WOT riding. its all about matching a power curve to your riding style and situation. and when people give you advise, listen to the people with reasoning behind their opinion of any one pipe. dont listen to people who just post "those pipes suck", or "they're trash''. its what fits you, man. just throwing in i got a toomey b1 headpipe im trying to sell for 100 bucks, the chrome one. all you need is the silencer, filter, jetting. and it would still be cheaper than the kit new. its a great pipe, great midrange, great top end, good pipe for trail riding if your aggressive on the throttle. i loved it. pm me if interested...

Sounds like Im going to find a shearer. I like the low end and I think that will work good to follow the Boy. I appreciate all the input, thats cool. will this be a good pipe to build around? I plan to do some boring out, carb work or replacement, I still want to go rip with the big boys too!!!! Thanks again for the info

Sounds like Im going to find a shearer. I like the low end and I think that will work good to follow the Boy. I appreciate all the input, thats cool. will this be a good pipe to build around? I plan to do some boring out, carb work or replacement, I still want to go rip with the big boys too!!!! Thanks again for the info

yep! Kennedy Powersports recommended this pipe to me because of my weight 290# and the build he suggested was a 3mil stroker with porting/head work and a 35mm air stryker with vf3 and this will put you in the 30+ hp range. So there should be plenty of room for imporvement. I:I

i wouldnt bore unless you need to due to a scored cylinder or something boring gives very very little power gain i would recommend contacting kennedy powersports and getting some port work done and he also has a good bit of building engines using the shearer pipe so he will know how to port the cylinder to complement the pipe thats were you get the most power gains

I will get ahold of them tomorrow. I just ordered my pipe and muffler. $297 for the hole thing... CHROME TOO!!!! THANKS AGAIN for all the INFO!!!! How bout a new part... Carbs... I have a few hundred bucks to throw at this thing, so before I spend it on BEER... What would you suggest????

a good bang for the buck is a 30mm oko great for mildy ported engine with other upgrades you can buy them for like 180 or maybe cheaper comes with cable to that is what im using and is a great carb its made in the same molds as the kiehin pwk so all the kiehin parts fit it

yeah i think that shearer would be a good pipe for you. check out ebay motors and search yamaha blaster exhaust then scroll down and click on the shearer custom exhaust. its like 285 bucks plus shipping!!