Traded the blaster (because she said so)

Kungfutree

Jun 21, 2010
N. jackson, OH
So for a little over a year, I owned my 98 Blaster with a Trinity 240 engine. I loved it as a yard quad, but didn't want to drop the money in suspension to make it fun out of the yard. I raced it at 2 GNCC's and took her to a few other places.
I told myself the blaster was for my woman to learn on but she did nothing but complain about how hard it was to ride. So I put it up for sale after the Ironman GNCC. I was getting offers like "hey I have a 86 RM 250 I'd trade you straight up for your blaster" So the other day I ran across an ad for 3 bikes for $1000. 02 XR250, 90 XR200, and a 86 XL250 as a parts bike. Immediately I thought an XR would be a perfect starter bike for my woman and my buddy wanted one for his woman. I called the guy, turns out its an old man that wasn't looking for a sport quad and the bikes need some carb cleaning and the 02 had a fouled plug. After some talking he said drop by and he would look at it. As soon as he took it for a lap around his yard he was interested. I looked at the bikes and saw the 02 was in amazing shape and wanted the trade bad. So after a little bit of BSing, I signed the title over, he signed over 3 separate bills of sale, and I was on my merry way.
I sold the 90 XR for $300 before it was even off the truck to my buddy. I took the XR home and tried to start it for a while. It sounded like it had spark, but wasn't firing. So I told my woman to pull the blaster out and tow me down the road to bump it. I shed a tear when I realized I didn't have it. Took my brother's YFZ out instead to bump it. Towing it, I can hear it trying to fire but sounds flooded. So on the return trip, I reach down and flip the choke off and it fires up. Plug was good I guess. Runs, doesn't idle and a little hard to start after that.
Next day I pull the carb and go through half a can of shop-solv cleaning the carb. Put it back on and now it runs like a clock and woman is in love because it doesn't try to kill her like my YZ250F tries to when she rides it.
The XR200 must have a bad spark advance (buddy's words, he's the one rebuilding) but I got my cash.
TL;DR: I traded my Blaster for 3 bikes (one being worth more than the blaster in today's market), 2 run.

This is a sad story... :(
A trinity BB powered blastee for a pile of 4 poker pigs.

But if she is happy that is all that matters... I guess???? ;)

Anytime a BForum owner loses their blaster is a sad time, for me at least. LOL

at least it didnt get parted out, now get the new owner on here and signed up !!!!!

The 250F has had zero issues for me. Right now it's set up a little less than optimum in my eyes. There was a slight mix up when I ordered, and I had ordered a 52 tooth rear. Tops out way too quick for me, but I do have a new set of sprockets and chain in the garage just need to get them on.

This is a sad story... :(
A trinity BB powered blastee for a pile of 4 poker pigs.

But if she is happy that is all that matters... I guess???? ;)

Anytime a BForum owner loses their blaster is a sad time, for me at least. LOL

Even worse when a member loses thier blaster to a pile of 4jokes. I would be bearable if it was lost to a different 2 stroke lol.

Well I wouldn't want the woman on a 125. She couldn't handle a 125. Anyways people think that 125's piss excellence or something. Wouldn't have gotten a good deal on it. I know it is sad to see that little quad go for three 4 strokes but in all honesty, he will prob give it to his nephews or grandchildren. Much better fit than my fat ass