Tors idle problem

R&S Polishing

Jul 5, 2008
Oregon
i have a problem with one of the carbs on my kids blaster i DID do a leak down test to ensure i dont have an air leak. my problem is that i cant get the bike to idle down as fast as i think it should after reving it up a little, it comes down to idle in about 5 seconds and in stages like an air leak. i have replaced the pilot jet with a 35 and that helped a little but didnt fix it. my question really is with the tors has anyone had a problem with them hanging up or returning slowly or sticky? i am about ready to just do a tors removal/replacement and see if that fix's the problem. :-/

go ahead and do the tors bypass right away. could be the whole problem. at least if it's not the problem it's eliminated anyway.

i have a problem with one of the carbs on my kids blaster i DID do a leak down test to ensure i dont have an air leak. my problem is that i cant get the bike to idle down as fast as i think it should after reving it up a little, it comes down to idle in about 5 seconds and in stages like an air leak. i have replaced the pilot jet with a 35 and that helped a little but didnt fix it. my question really is with the tors has anyone had a problem with them hanging up or returning slowly or sticky? i am about ready to just do a tors removal/replacement and see if that fix's the problem. :-/

Simply unplug the cable coming off the top of the TORS and try that and see if it helps. Make sure the carb cap is screwed on all the way too.

just remove the tors. if it fixes it great, if it doesnt then you've already removed a part that isnt needed. Plus this will rule out the tors in the future for any problems.

hey in case you fellas werent reading properly this is his SON'S bike. if you remove the tors and he gets all banged up from the throttle sticking you will feel like a bunch of dinks.....at least i woud.
but to check the operation of it you can remove the carb top and open the panels on it up and see how they are working, maybe grease em up some. just be careful those little screws strip easy

hey in case you fellas werent reading properly this is his SON'S bike. if you remove the tors and he gets all banged up from the throttle sticking you will feel like a bunch of dinks.....at least i woud.
but to check the operation of it you can remove the carb top and open the panels on it up and see how they are working, maybe grease em up some. just be careful those little screws strip easy

If you disconnect the TORS or unplug it, the result is the same.

actually the result is not the same.....if you take the inspection panels off to find it has no grease in it, then the cable will hang up some causing the revs to come down slower than expected. but for safety reasons you cant just do away with the tors unless you have a bunch of experience riding
go back to college city-boy

Just to mention, if you do remove tors and it is newer model, you must splice wires, to get it to work properly.

Even though it
is his son's bike, IMO I would still remove TORS.... There are other safety measures that can be taken such as a teathered kill switch that would be more effective.

I ordered a tors replacement kit today should be here tuesday. i think that is the problem or the slide is getting stuck slightly. not worried about my daughter riding it she is 17 and rides my 90+hp banshee pretty agressively, she actualy wants my bike and for me to buy a yfz450 like i have been threatening to do so she can kick butt on her brother and sister..