top end toasted

Blasterdude27

Nov 19, 2008
Just outside of fairbanks ak
Today was a great day, perfect weather, lotsa people riding, mid 80s, just great....... untill my blaster locks up.....

I was riding along having a good time I get halfway down a trail and it starts acting boggy so I turn around, I get about a half mile and it loses all power, dies, and locks up.

I'm about 10 + miles from home ( fortunately I had a cell phone ) so my dad had to tow me back home with the foreman.

get home and it kicks over but it has no comp( and doesn't start up.)

so I tear it all apart and here is what I find.

IMG00037.jpg

IMG00041.jpg

IMG00040.jpg

IMG00039.jpg

IMG00038.jpg

Sorry the pics suck. the rings melted into the piston then it weged itself into the wall, then when it was cool it was able to move ( what is that called??).:( not a bad blow up but it costs just as much:(

why did the ring do that though were you runing to lean? or were you wtfo?

No it was actually a bit rich. I ride on the pipe like a 2stroke should be rode, but I don't beat the sh*t outta it. For the last few months its been acting funny, comp dropped and it made a rattle at high rpms, so I knew it was coming. It seems like the previous owner didn't brake it in correctly.

No it was actually a bit rich. I ride on the pipe like a 2stroke should be rode, but I don't beat the sh*t outta it. For the last few months its been acting funny, comp dropped and it made a rattle at high rpms, so I knew it was coming. It seems like the previous owner didn't brake it in correctly.

Sounds to me as if several months ago the piston got worn out of spec to the cylinder which had some piston slap and that's what you heard at high rpms, and today it finally took a serious dump.

yea i wanna do a comp test on mine cause if im at like quartle throttle curzing in 6th it makes an obnoxious noise..

Sounds to me as if several months ago the piston got worn out of spec to the cylinder which had some piston slap and that's what you heard at high rpms, and today it finally took a serious dump.

Yep that sounds about right.

yea i wanna do a comp test on mine cause if im at like quartle throttle curzing in 6th it makes an obnoxious noise..

Good idea. Thats exactly what mine was doing sept in 3rd 4th and fifth also.

I know but shipping is hell and I want to get back to riding asap.

ya thats kinda true seeing as how your location thing says your in the north pole hope u get it re built and ready to run asap. i cant ride mine right now cuz i need a stupid carbourator cleaning but i cant get the stupid thing off the quad so i kinda know how u feel right now

ya thats kinda true seeing as how your location thing says your in the north pole hope u get it re built and ready to run asap. i cant ride mine right now cuz i need a stupid carbourator cleaning but i cant get the stupid thing off the quad so i kinda know how u feel right now

Alright i figured out how to clean them,i did mine.

Bring it over and ill do it.

u gonna be awake early cuz if u r i can see if i can run it up to u and u can hold on to it til i get back

Fine with me,ill clean the carb for ya and sh*t,talk to me on aim so you dont clutter the thread.

Blasterdude27.

Get that sh*t rebuilt asap! You think you can get away with .60 or do you need to do .80? It looks realllly bad.

Well its not THE north pole:eek: its just a town 13 miles from fairbanks. We all make fun of it and call it NoPo haha. Thanks, I'm ordering a wiseco rebuild kit and send the jug to a shop to get it bored monday, should have her going buy next next week...... Can I survive not riding that long?? lol

Well its not THE north pole:eek: its just a town 13 miles from fairbanks. We all make fun of it and call it NoPo haha. Thanks, I'm ordering a wiseco rebuild kit and send the jug to a shop to get it bored monday, should have her going buy next next week...... Can I survive not riding that long?? lol

I waited 2 months to get my blaster running,that 2 weeks after chain and sh*t went gay.

Should have her running this week.

I waited 2 months to get my blaster running,that 2 weeks after chain and sh*t went gay.

Should have her running this week.
Man that sucks. Glad your getting her running again though. I'm just pissed because this is the best weather to ride right now its warm and dry, august is rainy and september is cold. f*cking figures. Oh well right?......

Man that sucks. Glad your getting her running again though. I'm just pissed because this is the best weather to ride right now its warm and dry, august is rainy and september is cold. Oh well right?......

Same. And when it happend we were at the new hillclimbs we found too...

Well it will be down after this for a day or 2 since im getting that motor.

Here comes a 3mill with 240 kit!!

But make sure you take time putting your topend on and break it in right!!! Cant stress that enough!!!

How much did they charger to bore/hone your cylinder.