Top end noise!!

S

surftouch

This is my first post, so here is goes, Ive got an 06 Blaster Se, been rebuilt once, top and bottom end, its been 4 months, and now the Top end is just clanking, like theres some loose change, I pulled the top end off and everything seems to be ok, I bought new gaskets put it back togeather and its still just clanking away. It runs but ive to got to pull start it. but it wont idle. just dies ubruptly. any imput would be really helpful! thanks

Kyle

that or some serious piston slap,hows the rings and the wrist pin, take off the flywheel cover, see if you can jiggle the flywheel up and down, the crank bearings might be bad. good luck

crank looks fine, no play in the flywheel, maybe lots of slap??

you should be able to see signs of piston slap if you take it apart...expecially if its making that much noise

Try a mechanics stethiscope or stick a metal tube in your ear, and place the tube on various parts of the head and then listen to the bottom end. You do this enough and you will discover all kinds of scary sounds and somtimes the source of problems before things get expensive.

good call rix, i just happened to get a pm from pitboss telling me to do the same exact thing, and i figured out my prob that way,so u guys are on to something! nice job!

Got it all taken care of, just needed a rebuild and I finished last night!

Thanks guys