Top End, 03+ hood and head light

Status
Not open for further replies.

dksix

Apr 16, 2012
North East Tennessee
I've got a complete running top end, 03+ headlight and hood that I'm not going to be using, thought I'd see if anyone here wanted it first. The top end is from my 01, still installed. It runs good, starts easy and pulls hard but I only got a little over 90 psi on the compression gauge when I checked it the other day. I was surprised that it was that low but that's what my Harbor Freight compression gauge shows. I've never been into it but was told it's the OEM piston when I bought the quad. That can't be confirmed until I take it off but everything else (except tires) was OEM stock, I expect that what I was told to be true. If someone is interested in it and wants anything specific, let me know and I'll do what I can to get it for you. I'm going to borrow a more trust worthy compression gauge for a retest, can get a picture of the results. Pending it being as I was told, I'd ask $150 shipped for it. That's cylinder, head, piston, rings, pin, clips and bearing.
The hood is a white OEM that came on my 04. It had mesh in it when I got it, I bought the headlight on ebay. The hood has 5 or 6 holes where the mesh was riveted to it and some scratches but nothing bad. Headlight lens looks good, cant remember if it's got a bulb or not. Asking price will be $75 shipped for the hood/headlight, I wouldn't want to sell separate.
I also have a set of front hydro spindles from the 04, but no picture at this time. The right side had a slight bend but didn't effect riding, just caused a bit more camber on the right side. It the throttle side in the picture without front fenders. Asking price would be $45 shipped.

Attachments

• 2012-10-23 21.49.07.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 155
  • 0530122052a.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 153
  • 0530122052b.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 167
I'm not sure why my uploaded pics aren't showing up, here's from photobucket. I would be willing to trade for certain other Blaster parts or .22LR ammo if anyone has any. I also included a set of tires 19x6x10 holeshots, $75 shipped.

that's a nice looking shop you got there. is that a lathe?

Yes, it's an old one. They don't make them like they used to. It's a 1956 Lodge & Shipley production lathe. It originally had a copying attachment, was used in a GE motor plant turning armatures. The ways are replaceable, ground 1" bar stock bolted in. The only problem is with it being a production lathe, it won't turn threads. It weighs over 3800 pounds, check what a current 10"x20" machine weighs. I got it through the company I work for, it came out of a plant that one of our customers were closing. I got the L&S for free, someone had hit it with a forklift bending the cross feed screw and breaking a couple of handles. It's sat there for years and I've never even started on fixing it but I've had it under power, everything else works fine. I bought a South Bend Heavy 16 and an Enco J head clone at the same time. My best friend had a 10EEE Monark, now that's a lathe! I always use it when I have to turn something and he comes over to use my mill, when needed. I guess that's why the old machine just sits there. I'm better on a milling machine anyway.

if that piston is stock im intrested in it

Like I said, won't know til I open it up. I have already gotten an offer on the topend.

Status
Not open for further replies.