toomey b1 installation

2slowtogofast

ok so i bolted toomeys blue exhaust flange to the engine. the pipe will not slipe over this O ring inside the flange. anyone else have this prob what can i do?

i tried the following

oiling the o ring
hitting with rubber mallet

Hmmmm?

First, make sure you jet properly!!

Next, you put the gasket in place and slide the fat pipe into place and the flange over the bolts. Basic, like, loose fit it into place. Then bolt in the bolt at the top right of the pipe, right there under the right center of the handle bars. Keep it loose. Then torque the 2 nuts on the flange, torque the bolt. Then attach the silencer.

Not sure, but the actual pipe is loose behind the flange. The flange makes a seal and creates a dump in to the fat pipe. The springs pull the fat pipe onto this and keep tension.

I have one and can take pics or whatever. I have had it on and off a couple motors maybe 8 times. It's been real easy and Johnny On The Spot every time. I think it's a great pipe and a great kit.

A

i installed everything and rode the quad and it rode good felt a great difference in speed sounded good too. my air box lid cracked when drilling is so i a running no lid. i have an 04 blaster so i just replaced the 230 with a 310 jet. I did not move the needle it said on 03 and not to do it. the pipe that goes over the flange never went on past the O ring (is that normal)? the springs hold it in place nicely and nothing seems to be leaking or anything. All that being said what should i look for when riding to make sure everyrthing is ok andis there anything i should look for to see if its not ok. Also how can i tell if it is to rich or to lean.

A 310 jet sounds awful big to me, you should probly start by looking at your plug alot as well and feeling for bogging or any thing that seems odd i would say. while you are checkn it out I would not ride it very long periods at all then check plug for carbon or white or whatever, it should be light brown colored such as a waffle or pancake. there are several helpful things around the forum for jetting, If you need more direction just ask.

Hmmm

I need to double check, but, I think the kit came with the 310. It is a well thought out kit.

**** CAVEAT *********

It is designed from a stock position.

You get off the chart from stock and the sh*t they send you for "The stock set up" , well, it don't work.

So heads up.

A