Toomey b1 exhaust HELP.

Oneshot

Mar 1, 2016
Central,PA
I am in the process of doing Lekdown test,compression test and cleaning and readjusting floats/ carb. Anyone with Toomey exhaust I need a little help. Ok first the flange that bolts on to the head is there a gasket for that or a crush washer? Second the silencer to the flange anyone know what size o ring goes there and where I can get 1. This does not look good as whoever had it before seems to have forgot to put one in. Also where does this part go?

Attachments

• 0305161304.jpg
    0305161304.jpg
    960.5 KB · Views: 180
That part goes on the connection from the header pipe to the stinger. It helps seal the exhaust there. There should be a crush gasket that fits into the cylinder, and a o-ring inside the header where it slides onto the flange. I'm not sure on sizes of o-rings. I would try and match it with one at a local auto parts store or hardware store. You may be able to get buy with some scilicone gasket maker hi temp stuff.

Reactions: Oneshot
So this gasket will not work? The ehaust flange fits inside the head. So the gasket you are talking about goes between the head and flange? This is the right type of seal though?
0305161535.jpg
0305161534.jpg