to much fuel

unk

Aug 11, 2012
i replaced my reeds and after i put back together fuel is flowing out of overflow and when i put that hose higher then the carb then the fuel comes out of the carb side with the air intake what could possibly have happened thx in advance for any help

your float likely needs to be adjusted or is stuck.

Sometimes, but not often, after you have the carb on its side, soemtimes the needle can get lodged or come off of the float.

So, You should take your carb back off and remove the float bowl and check and see if that has happened.

Sporty

You may have dislodged a bit of crap that was lurking somewhere and it has found its way into the needle and seat assembly.

I have never heard of a needle falling out of the seat, unless the tang has broken off or severely out of adjustment, even with the float sitting in the bottom of the bowl, it is physically impossible for the needle to drop out.

You may have dislodged a bit of crap that was lurking somewhere and it has found its way into the needle and seat assembly.

I have never heard of a needle falling out of the seat, unless the tang has broken off or severely out of adjustment, even with the float sitting in the bottom of the bowl, it is physically impossible for the needle to drop out.

Ya I have seen the little wire that holds the needdle, it hangs on the tang come off before.

Only when I had the carb off and laying on its side, Ya I should have said, that the needle seat does not typically come out of the housing.

When you run into used stuff, the previous owners can do some wild tinkering.
People not knowing what do to to carbs, yikes.

You should see the picture of this little beauty I took out of the carb,I had out the white blaster. the needle housing.

Looks like a monster with someone using vise grips or channel locks on it. All messed up.

Sporty

I know just what you referr too, I have been fixing peoples wild tinkering for over 50 years.
ya I wish I had a digital camera back in the early 90's.

I had gotten this 1980 articat jag 340 snowmobile. has the oil injection. I picked it up cheap, had to rebuild top end.

But there was some jet in the carb, that controls the injection. been so long. I forget some of the details.

But they managed to break the screw. and it would not run or work without it. And they no longer sold the part.

I had to find a used carb and I had to carefully drill out the jet and not drill into the threads.

Or one time, some one decided to glue a whole on a float on one side. I couldnt figure out why it would not run right.

They had such a monster piece of glue in it, it was tilting to one side and causing havac with the fuel flow. A simple $8 replacement solved that mess.

Well dont mean to go off on, goofy carb storys. but its always interesting, to hear about what some people find or run into.

Sporty

I got a Chinese 2 stroke Quad to repair last week, and believe it or not the oil injection pump is driven by the final drive.

Unless the bike is in forward motion, absoulutly no oil is delivered to the crankcase.

I got a Chinese 2 stroke Quad to repair last week, and believe it or not the oil injection pump is driven by the final drive.

Unless the bike is in forward motion, absoulutly no oil is delivered to the crankcase.

Oh boy, I heard the china atvs were a mess to work on, Hard to get parts 4.

Sporty

Oh boy, I heard the china atvs were a mess to work on, Hard to get parts 4.

Sporty

what country do you live in? i dunno about you but here in amarichina all we can get is chinese knock off parts. ive got 2 of the china atv's for my kids, dead simple to work on, parts are DIRT cheap. and even shipping from china they get here in a week.

what country do you live in? i dunno about you but here in amarichina all we can get is chinese knock off parts. ive got 2 of the china atv's for my kids, dead simple to work on, parts are DIRT cheap. and even shipping from china they get here in a week.

Im glad your experience was better than mine and others. But thanks for the strong wording and comments.

The gentleman that we got the white blaster from, he had bought a china atv, it stopped working, Not sure what all was wrong with it. but he couldn't get parts for it, so he stripped it down to scrap it or give away the parts

He gave me 2 like, brand new tires and rims, the tires are a bit of a odd size for what we have here. So not sure what I'll end up doing with them.

A few years ago, worked on those china gas powered scooters, they broke easy and at that time, parts were hard to find.

They had like a ton of different makes and models and tracking down the parts or the right parts were a nightmare.

Same with when we bought a few of those electric scooters new. The frames rusted out in two years and broke, but before that after 6 months, the control modules would fail. It took me many hours of research to try and find the right control module for it.

They really didnt come with a parts diagram or part # replacement.

Allot of the smaller china atvs, Looks like the engine is based off the old honda 50 and 90 motor. I see some real strong similarities.

Ill see if I still have some pictures laying around of the scooters and honda motor.

I restored a old honda 50, years ago for my son.

Sporty

they are all honda clone motors. the dang polaris 50 uses the same motor. i had a carb get dirty and gummed up and i got a CRF50 carb to go on the chinese atv because it was 12$ and the rebuild kit was 11$.

look, dont look for hyotibigatchi parts, or whataver brand is on the plastics. look for the part that will fit. even the chinese motorcycles with the v-twin bought the engine design from suzuki.

the cdi went bad on one of my kids atv's. i was out another 9$ for a brand new one. had about 15 different part numbers on it, one of them matched a polaris number even. one of the engines is starting to burn oil (not bad after being 6 years old and getting no maintenance from the previous owner) i was looking at rebuilt kits but a complete new motor is 127$ and like 18$ in shipping.

even auto manufactures buy parts from each other, i can name a few mitsubishi parts on the new corvettes.

I'd say both of you are right, if you know who made it, Chinese parts are cheap. $12 for my Baja50 which was actually a Honda 70 clone (better value for my money!). I ordered them but couldn't wait the mere 2 weeks it took to come from China, So I picked up a set of Honda 70 rings. $23, the exact bore size but 0.010" thicker. I ground them down and used them, they never wore out so I gave away the proper rings with the bike when I sold it years later.

I was searching for my old Honda 50, that I restored for my son, years ago. and I cant find the pictures.

I hart a ct70 cylinder once also. until I sold it a few years ago.

Its not about whos right or who wrong, its just about enjoying the things we enjoy, riding, working on them, tinkering.

Sporty

here, is the best I can do. I did the bike pretty darn close to this, was same make and model.

Image Detail for - History Motor City Mini Trails

minitrail2_zps8ded62dc.jpg

mintrail_zps42bf08a3.jpg

honestly i wasnt trying to point out correctness or anything. i was trying to be helpfull. my wife continually points out that i get along and have less hostile conversations with machines then people, so i am sorry for coming off sounding like a DB. and i am really good at finding things that will work when an exact replacement is difficult to find, and i am more then willing to help out other ATV guys. so long as you will put up with my random psychoticness and tendency to ramble endlessly.

honestly i wasnt trying to point out correctness or anything. i was trying to be helpfull. my wife continually points out that i get along and have less hostile conversations with machines then people, so i am sorry for coming off sounding like a DB. and i am really good at finding things that will work when an exact replacement is difficult to find, and i am more then willing to help out other ATV guys. so long as you will put up with my random psychoticness and tendency to ramble endlessly.
:):) We all have are ruff edges, me esp.

Sporty