To keep or not to keep??????

Sonia_69

Jun 6, 2011
Iowa
Ok so with the help of you fellas on here I have figured out that the header pipe that came on my new '99 blaster purchase is a Vitos Fat Bastard. Now I have to decide whether to keep the pipe and run the weird blue (scooter) silencer, run the pipe and find a better silencer, or get rid of the VFB pipe and just run the toomey b1 with the BBK???? If I keep the pipe but ditch the scooter silencer, what silencer should I go with that would be best for the BBK??

If I do keep the pipe and silencer or find a new silencer then I will be swapping pipes betwwen the 3 other blaster I now have, mine, my sisters '99, and my guitar trade (guy ended up callin me back last weekend about it) a '94 that im putting back together!!

Need some input on this pickle I got!!!

They don't make the Vito's Fat bastard pipe anymore. Vito's had those made for their big bore kit and I would imagine it would be difficult to find a better midrange pipe than the VFB. Personally, I'd keep that headpipe on the BBK and find a suitable silencer to fit....

Just went out and Compared the Fat B to stock silencer and other than the FB is about 1 1/2" longer, the bends/etc are nearly identical. So other then dia (which is larger) that should help you find something.

As to the power of the F B, I like it. I have mild/clean-up port with exhaust only raised enough to clean up flaws.

Personally , I would have to test a right bend against it to see if the hype is worth it. JMHO, your results may, and will vary. I:I

right bends are fine, but lots of hype, i had a power pros a while back and it was ok, nothing more than a good left bend.

I think im gonna keep it and buy a Duncan Fatboy 2 for it..... Thats the plan :) hopefully it will work out