Timing degree wheel?

79 bronco

Moderator & Self Custom Psycho
Staff member
Apr 9, 2010
I don"t know???????
What size timing degree wheel, or what timing degree wheel are used on these little 2 stroke blaster engines?

I have a timing degree wheel kit somewhere that i used about 20 years ago when i built my 410 aussie headed gas guzzler thats in my Bronco. If i remember right the wheel in that kit was BIG, like 10" or bigger.

I was looking at getting a smaller wheel, but the smallest i can find is 6 3/4" with a 6mm center hole. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motion-Pro-...ash=item2c76ffea48:g:a3sAAOxy4t1SiqpO&vxp=mtr

They sell bushing inserts depending on the size of the crank. You can make your own though with your fab skills for sure..

Reactions: 79 bronco
I have the Motion Pro wheel. A couple of washers on both sides of the wheel and a flywheel nut will hold the wheel in place. Your also going to have to make a pointer and a positive stop for the piston. All easy stuff with your skills.

Reactions: 79 bronco
I have the Motion Pro wheel. A couple of washers on both sides of the wheel and a flywheel nut will hold the wheel in place. Your also going to have to make a pointer and a positive stop for the piston. All easy stuff with your skills.

A pointer is easy enough with a small degree wheel, but if i tried to use a big old 12" degree wheel then it would be odd! lol

Dont know if im going to need a positive stop for the piston yet, im just trying to get my exhaust open period (Deg), main transfer open period (Deg), secondary transfer open period (Deg), and rear boost ports open period (Deg).

I think im just going to remove head and fly, then bolt on degree wheel, and pointer. Then turn crank until exhaust port start to open, then set degree wheel to 0, then turn crank until exhaust port closes, then reed number.

I think that will work? o_O