tight budjet

rad-blaster230

Jan 27, 2008
fond du lac, WI
i am in the procces of rebuilding my top end and i onely have about $360 and another 100 when taxxes get back. i spent 110 on a top end kit(wiseco) and another 55 on getting it bored out and etc... also an oil injection block off kit-$32 so that leaves me with...195 until taxes get back. i still need brakes-aprox$45.00 and also a k&n filter with outerbox cover-$60 so i will have about 90 to spend what do you think i should get, i have a pipe and silencer but i could use handelbars(mine were broke then welded) also could use new grips and a grab bar(i have the materials to make one??).

any sugjestions??????

well i would deffinitly get new handlebars then, get like pro taper SE bars(like $60) and grips and if you are lucky enough you can buy a cheap grab bar from ebay

well blasterfreak, technically, if you know how to weld, its actually stronger than the steel. the tensile strength of a mig weld is 60,000 psi and the tensile strength of regular mild steel is only 30,000 psi. so if u can weld, ur fine. just think about how ur frame is all held together. welds.....

good point, i guess if it is a good weld job, but when you weld it also heats up the steel around it,then it cools making it more prone to bending or worse breaking again but thats my opionion. I would just feel safer with a good set of renthals

send it to flotek performance, get a quote, i think around 140 for a portjob