tie rods removal

off of the steering stem, or the spindles? Should just be a castle nut and cotter key. I did have to use a torch to heat up the steering stem and then pry them out.

i use a decent sized set of channelocks and press them in and out. works like a charm. i do the same for pressing the steering stem out as well.

you will need to manipulate them somewhat to get them loose. a bit of lubricant spray will help. turn the nut on upside down till its flush with the top of the thread then use a wooden block and a small hammer to tap them loose. a ball joint puller also works if you have one that will fit

A LOT of penetrating lubricant like PB Blaster and patience . let them soak for a few hours and use a wood block I back the castle nut off several turns and use that as a thread protector when hitting it . I just pulled the ones off my banshee and considered myself lucky that I only need to replace one of them , bugged the threads and theres no repairing them .

You should NEVER ruin threads on your tie rods. That is just being careless and beating on them like Macho Man. Use a RUBBER MALLET and coat them in Never Seize everytime you remove them.