tie rod problems

03blasterider

Jan 1, 2011
ok soo i took off me front right i rod because i had to fix the alinement and when i went to put it back on it wouldent tighten i put the nut that goes to the brake roder asembily and every time i tighten it, it just soins the whole cuppler and ball joint any ticks/tips to get the nut back on?

Looks like you may have damaged the threads, you may need to spend some time with a thread file, or a lot more time with a small triagular file and clean the threads up.
If the threads are not too bad you may be able to clamp the tie rod assembly into the pitman arm (where it goes into the brake thingy) and then gently put the nut on, but be careful if it spins then it will be a biotch to get back off.

Pull it back out and make sure there are no burrs anywhere. If not smack it with a rubber hammer,don't beat it to death-just knock some sense into it, or light to medium clamping force.

thats what i always do, tap it semi-gently to seat the taper into the spindle, and always use either air wrench, or at least a socket coupled to my battery drill
(redneck airtools), as they will spin the nut faster than the ball can spin in the rod end, if it still wants to spin, get a wrench on the rod and crank it hard to "bind" the rod end in the taper, then hit it with the drill