This may be a stupid question...

240Fun

Nov 3, 2013
South Wales NY
I have a set of asr arms I'm getting ready to install them I just noticed they don't have grease fittings on them so am I supposed to use my finger and get some grease inside the bushings and reuse the grease seals or do they not need grease at all

Oh holy crap I forgot about those being in the old arms I still don't understand the lack of fittings to keep them greased do I need the caps that go over the end of those sleeves as well I'm assuming yes

Oh holy crap I forgot about those being in the old arms I still don't understand the lack of fittings to keep them greased do I need the caps that go over the end of those sleeves as well I'm assuming yes
not sure. I didn't put them on mine so that's a good question. I may need to dig mine out of the trash if I need to use them...lol

zero old parts get used with the ASR's except the spindles/brakes

i just got my arms about a month ago but they didn't come with the sleeves for the lower arm the upper has a couple aluminum pcs that cover the bolt

I only reused the bolts from the stockers in mine. I did grease everything when I installed them.

You'll be very happy with them once they are on and dialed in.

Take your time setting them up. Its very time consuming, but worth it in the end. The papers ASR gives you is very Helpful too.

Good Luck!

yea i just got done tearing thru the box the arms came in no sleeves i'm gonna take and use the old ones. Tomorrow will be a long day of check and measure check and measure but the rebuilt YFZ450 shocks and extended arms should be worth every penny I've also just installed a 400ex rear shock as well i can't wait to tear it up

Reactions: bummer981
For some reason, my top bolts were put in the wrong way, so i have to pop the upper arms off and remove the bolt for anything.

I wish mine were too, some used elkas for a 450r around me cheap
i got some nice shocks from harley, but i cant use them unless someone can change my lower arms to fit them.

So I used the metal sleeves and the end caps on my setup packed them full of grease it took a bit to dial them in but when I took it for the first ride WOW mega difference I now have yfz450 shocks up front and a 400ex rear it's a whole new machine the only thing I gotta do now is an extended swinger and a banshee axle and I'll be done modding my quad... for now

So I used the metal sleeves and the end caps on my setup packed them full of grease it took a bit to dial them in but when I took it for the first ride WOW mega difference I now have yfz450 shocks up front and a 400ex rear it's a whole new machine the only thing I gotta do now is an extended swinger and a banshee axle and I'll be done modding my quad... for now
Glad it worked out for you! That shee axle and extended swinger will make it alot more stable too. Don't forget the chain and sprockets when you order the swinger.