This can't be right!

HotRod

Feb 23, 2008
I just purchased a used blaster for my son, and was checking the mechanics. It has a FMF gold pipe and a V-force reed, but the carb looks stock and has a 190 jet. That can't be right can it. I believe this machine had a different carb on it before I bought it, because the carb and throttle cable was not hook up. So, what size of carb, and what jet size is recommended? I know I would want to start rich and work my way down, but I never owned a blaster before and I need a starting point. Thanks

230 is stock. the only way it would be that small is if he was at a very high elevation I'd guess more than 10,000 ft just a guess. cause the less air means less fuel.

stock carb is a 26mm with a 230 main jet and a 32.5 pilot.. who or how did u come up with a 190 main is it a different carb?? and if so what kind..if u got a 190 on stock carb i would change it thats really lean i would think..

yeah i would go with a 240 or 250 jet in a stock blaster carb for that pipe, but stock carb is restrictive, if you want more power or are thinking of doing other mods in the future i'd get 28mm or 30mm carb.

I think the guy I bought the blaster from switch the carb on me, so I think I'm in the market for maybe a 32mm Mikuni flatside, and if I find one should I start with a 250 jet. Also, thanks for the information so far this really helps.