Thermal cooling

BlasterPat

Jan 8, 2016
New Jersey
Hi guys I just have some heat dissipation ideas I've come across (I work in a glass factory, where we melt press mold etc.) And on some of our press plungers we use an air cured coating made to withstand and dissipate heat in excess of over 800 degrees F* so I thought would I be able to strip remove the original black paint and sand blast it then coat it with that stuff I am just very curious as I have witnessed what heat can do even the slightest of degrees? I found a site with some stuff similar but I think the coating at my job may be alot better. I would really like to do this I would just want some opinions would it be safe or worth it the coating is amazing! from what I've seen with or without it over the course of years like I said just need to know if it will be ok. Also it is very hard and would withstand alot. Just an idea I'm putting out there for all of us air cooled blasty owners :)

http://www.cerakotehightemp.com/finishes/C-187Q/transfer-grey-air-cure/

cool idea, but the blaster engine is perfectly fine with the air cooling it has, if it is jetted properly the fuel does most of the cooling, along with the air moving across the cooling fins while in motion.
blaster have even finished and won the baja 500 or 1000 with no extra cooling.

That's awesome I had no idea thx for the input :) thought it was maybe like pc's the cooler the better lol just thought it was neat it can even be coated on pistons .