The Tavern - Your Chatter Feed

apparently he is very interested in the $322= replace every lock on it deal

have you tried calling a dealership to see if they can make you keys from the vin # ?
it can be done on cars........bikes ?????

have you tried calling a dealership to see if they can make you keys from the vin # ?
it can be done on cars........bikes ?????

im interested how this will turnout as well:)
until i see him buy the parts or have me help him lol.
if he buy them and ask's i will help him or he might chicken out and pay a shop:eek:

He called the dealership and they also said same thing..locksmith or get the key code to cut a new key.
blank keys are 13bucks online he needs 4 of them i think not sure if every keys fits everything,i barely got a look at it,it was raining out kids running around lol...

some people online said the key code was on the back of ignition swith??? or in manual or summin?
Im guess he for some reason is really concerned that some has that key,he mention something about the cops being involved i have no clue on whole story i just found out yesterday that he even had it
im in the process of researching the bike if he does want my help
he is like 55years old lol

thats what im talking about i was hoping i could find aftermarket or used parts:(
that one is not compatible though:(
I CANT FIND ANYTHING i saw gas caps without locks and an ignition for 10bucks lol im sure it would work righto_O
think i saw one on ebay from an 02 for 155bucks used

it is a 2005 Kawasaki ZRX 1200 R

parts diagram says an 02 has same part number though on rockymountain or motosports.
this guy just got a insurance settlement...xx,xxx and a second on the way in time
but who wants to pay extra for stuff right lol plus i would love to get my hands dirty on this thing:eek:
looks exactly like this...

kawasaki-zrx1200r.jpg

Last edited:
ask the bf forum???
i bought this husky 800ft lb impact from home depot for 109 bucks like a week ago
online it is only like 88 bucks but whatever.
my first only experience with it so far is this
putting on a 1/2 socket took like forever,not sure what the friggin deal with that is except the retaing ring bs/then i went to take a lug nut off and the lugnut got stuck to the socket had to thread socket nut/back on and wiggle to get off everyone 1:mad::(
all in all i could have taken 4/5 lugs off in time it took messing with this thing.A quick turn with my breaker bar and bostitch 18v impact got the job done much easier and faster..cheaper
im pretty dissapointed and thinking about returning it.
anyone got 1 of these husky 800ft lb impacts? or opinions on impacts?
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-1-2-in-800-ft-lbs-Impact-Wrench-H4480/203458750?cm_mmc=SEM|G|BT3|PLA&gclid=CKnPuv23z8YCFdCRHwodG_8M-g&gclsrc=aw.ds

husky 800 ft lbs.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: harley1-5
Sockets are supposed to be tight fits on impact guns, for obvious reasons. but not as tight as you made it sound?

Is your socket damaged by chance?

We had a craftsmen one for 10+ years and it works fine. my dad finally bit the bullet and bought a new IR one for $280 or something
sockets are a pretty tight fit on the new one, they fall right off our old one though.

our has 4 or 5 settings for tightening. if its set on 1 we cant break it by hand, so we hand tighten everything lol

Reactions: speedyslyder
Sockets are supposed to be tight fits on impact guns, for obvious reasons. but not as tight as you made it sound?

Is your socket damaged by chance?

We had a craftsmen one for 10+ years and it works fine. my dad finally bit the bullet and bought a new IR one for $280 or something
sockets are a pretty tight fit on the new one, they fall right off our old one though.

our has 4 or 5 settings for tightening. if its set on 1 we cant break it by hand, so we hand tighten everything lol

just looking for input on this herp:)
thank for reply...loosing them was the problem keep getting stuck to socket i have not owned many impacts and i know peeps on here have had more then me any advice is appreciated without starting a new thread:eek::D...yet i must add lug nuts have seen better days.

a shop I worked at bought those husky impacts as a cheap quick fix and imo they're better off being thrown in the scrap pile they don't last very long I burnt one up in about a week lol

I've always been told, you get what you pay for with tools. I only use US made craftsman hand tools and Dewalt or similar level power tools. Hasn't let me down yet. I hear all these horror stories about broken tools and stuff but we put ours through some tough abuse at our farm and we don't have any problems.

One must always use single hex sockets with a thick wall and they should be designed for impact wrenches.

The tool is not to blame for the lug nut becoming stuck in the socket.

@ Speedy, Allot of times (depending on the vehicle) the lug nuts have a chrome cover/cap type thing over the actual lug nut. If that was the case than u used the wrong size socket. The lug wrench/ or same socket with a breaker bar worked because it wasn't spinning 100 miles and hour. For the impact gun the socket needs to fit exactly to the lug nut.

The Husky gun seems OK for the price. Its not a shop gun but should do you well on occasion when you do need it.

/\/\ thank you to everyone on there input
i have only tried it 1 time so far need to find something to test it on.
i might keep it or i might not.. im on the fence as of know...
and for the plastic thingy covering lug nuts @jus_me that's pretty funny i hope you think im smarter then that lmao:D:eek: i have taken off the effen van front tires so many time for wheel bearings/rotors/pads...and the truck for upper lower ball joints..im getting lazy i guess looking for alternatives:)