The Tavern - Your Chatter Feed

it should boom for that lil cab:D
i too have spent thousands on car/truck audio
alpine/rockford...capicitors ect
2ohm or zero ohm speakers.most speaker are 8ohm or 4ohm stock might even be lower then that like 16 or summin?
the ohm on speakers plus amp matters:) plus vehicle.
if anyone is running serious amps...they need capacitors as well as a good battery
ask me how i know:eek:

You ever use one of the slim under seat subs?

it gets better with age:)
HAPPY NEW YEARS BF FAMILY....

BF 2017  SP.gif

2017 is on its way. :) Got more done on my speaker mounts.

Had to do some trimming for the bonnet pull lever and dash.
20161229_140723_zps4yq4ze48.jpg

Slots made for the wires from the crossovers to the speakers and tweeters.
20161229_185947_zpsgrl2irn3.jpg

Looking like this so far.
20161229_165525_zpszj1pwmhy.jpg

Reactions: blasterdemon7
no i have not ,I used to have one but used it in my house.
i know space is a issue in a truck,maybe a small bass cannon or bandpass box
for good low bass

All good no room for cannon style or bandpass box. top of seat has 2" clearance and bottom of seat 5" clearance from the cab wall. Just a amp could fit there that's why I was thinking slim under seat sub's.

Happy new years to all. Not long to go for me. 3.5 hours.

Installing wires and head-unit in ute tomorrow. and the my finished speakers.
20161231_184527_zpshbklhblt.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: blasterdemon7
@Markblaster it would pay to install the blue remote wire.
and rca cables to back of cd player head unit if your going to get a amp later on cuz
you will half to rip cd player out again to hook up a amp
but im sure your on top of this lol:eek:

Reactions: Markblaster
Hot day here today but got the speaker wires installed from center of dash into the doors and got speakers mounted.

Slots to hide wires in. Sucks that the wires on the crossovers are so short I had to extend them for one speaker and tweeter on each side.
20170101_134012_zpsfgnxgm87.jpg

Mounted on door panels.
20170101_151348_zpso12mg8of.jpg

Installed.
20170101_173114_zpsliinwuhx.jpg

20170101_195232_zpsg6vuyk1i.jpg

Door close fine. :)
20170101_195408_zpscieyrb7c.jpg

3 beers later and still 25c degrees at 8.35pm.

Tomorrow I will start looking at how to mount the rear speakers and going to be getting amp wires on the 3rd as that's when shop is having a sale. :) Head-unit wires are installed and ready to just plug in when ready. Amps are on sale also so might get one if there is any I like. :)

@Markblaster it would pay to install the blue remote wire.
and rca cables to back of cd player head unit if your going to get a amp later on cuz
you will half to rip cd player out again to hook up a amp
but im sure your on top of this lol:eek:

I know not to run the RCA cables with the power cable. But what about the remote wire and the bass adjust knob?

I know not to run the RCA cables with the power cable. But what about the remote wire and the bass adjust knob?

im not sure what you mean or the cross overs you are talking about butttt.
i was talking about a amp..
They need a remote wire from cd head unit sometimes you might have to splice into it depending on unit or how you wired it ,and red/white or whatever color they make them for output coming out of back of cd player. although you might have it set different?

the amp will show this= ground/power/remote/rca input/speaker.
PERHAPS you are setting it up different but i dont know i cant see it lol...

just a example of a cheap amp but they all need a blue remote wire from cd unit
battery cable from battery to amp plus a ground that is 4ft or less is best on your chassis.
if i think of anymore i will type lol:)
BOTTOM LINE A AMP WILL NOT TURN ON WITHOUT A REMOTE WIRE attached from cd player to amp...
i was trying to save you time in future if you wanted to intall a amp thats all lol
amp kit.jpg

rockford.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Markblaster
i had 3 amps in my car 2 12in alpine typr r subs in box,that were running at 2ohms dual coil subs allowing it to reach 2ohms plus $500dollar amp the lower the ohms you can get are the most powerfull,if you pull a stock speaker out of a car more then likely it will say 16ohms on back of it...It has been awhile but i think the most powerefull is 0 ohmed speakers.
and a 10in type r sub in bandpass box,plus a amp hooked up to alpine 6x9 speakers
also a capacitor with a alpine 50x4 cd unit:eek:
over 2000 dollars and that was only 1 setup of my cars lol:D
there were others.
yes it hurt and yes i could not see out of my rear view mirror,also the amps like to run at 14.8volts which vehicle does not always put out unless you are at 3000rpm whith a amp running plus more stress on your alternator.......
so when you pull up to a stop sign your headlights dim:mad:
which is another reason you need a capacitor/even 1 amp will do this if it powerfull enough
i actually liked my rockford amps better though.

Last edited: