The Tavern - Your Chatter Feed

My family jewels might look like that flywheel key in the next couple days! I just dropped $400 on all new aluminum rims and tires all the way around and my lady HATES seeing new parts lol. Had to celebrate my new job. Finally, finished with full time school (still have a couple credit hours to clean up part-time) but my work gave me a full time engineering position and I'm getting full pay despite still needed to finish a couple classes!

congrats on the new job Nick !

hopefully one of those needed classes includes "the art of maintaining $ control in a marriage" :cool:

congrats on the new job Nick !

hopefully one of those needed classes includes "the art of maintaining $ control in a marriage" :cool:
Thanks man.

They did not offer that class but I did attend a night seminar called "buying on a day so that it is delivered on a day she is at work" lol. When the estimated shipping isn't accurate is when I get in trouble. Or when she walks in the garage and notices somethings shinier or a different color. Also large boxes in the trash or finding the packing slip laying around have gotten me in the past.

Reactions: Awk08
In a situation like this "I've heard" the buddy system works best.
the parts cannot be brand new shiny, so a little mud may be in order in the case of rims.
your buddy shows up with them while your wife is home, and says he got them for a steal at a yard sale
but he'd rather have painted rims for his quad, and asks you to trade him for your stock rims and a 12 pack.
you get your new rims right in front of her eyes, then help him drink the beer while swapping rims :D

a similar deal was originally posted on a gun forum, the guy would have his buddy come to his house with a new gun (yours)
and ask if he could store it in your gun cabinet, cause if his wife found out he bought another new gun, she'd divorce him.
so "your" new gun gets to be stored in your cabinet, while she thinks it's his. when you go hunting you take 2 guns, 1 for you and your "buddies gun" for him, and she'll soon forget about which gun is which :)

Reactions: Larry's Shee
Anyone into doing time lapse videos here or photography, HDR photos?

Here is some I have done.

Last edited:
What about that price. Don't know what they are worth

I've seen rougher ones do 3g's, that price is nice for that condition.

where's dirty ? he bought one 2 summers ago and restored it, he'd know